• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

We seem to be getting a lot of bad bounces this year. As long as we are playin in may, I'll wait for ours til then.

Sooooo, Perry getting suspended for that. Late hit, head shot. Head was the principal point of contact. I sure hope so.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perry probably should sit a game or two. Hes not really a cheap shot artist so i doubt he'll get more. But it was blatant late-hit-roughing-to the head.

On a positive note Im starting to really like Rupp. Not only can he goon it up with the best of em' but can actually skate and handle the puck a little! Perfect 4th liner and a sneaky move by fletcher. Also, I think Cullen might be my favorite player so far this year. He got off to a slow start but he has been FUN to watch lately. He's consistantly creating scoring chances and handling the puck beautifully.

Cullen has always been one of my favorite players, I was surprised when everyone was calling for his head at the start of the year. He's arguably been our best player the past few weeks.

That loss hurts, they dominated most of the game, but you gotta bury the chances when you get them.

That last goal was pretty weak. Backstrom always struggles with the shots up high for some reason. Whenever they are close to his head he kind of ducks down and lets it go right over his shoulder.

The Zucker-Cullen-Seto has really been clicking for awhile along with the 4th line. Hope they can bounce back from this tough loss against the Avs on Thursday. I like the energy Clutterbuck has brought since returning from injury.

Perry probably should sit a game or two. Hes not really a cheap shot artist so i doubt he'll get more. But it was blatant late-hit-roughing-to the head.

I was at the game sitting 3 rows behind the penalty box. Couldn't see the hit and they never replayed it, but after the hit Perry seemed to be the most concerned person on the ice, putting his hands to his head like he'd done something stupid and kept looking over to see if Zucker was alright. Not sure if it was because he knew a suspension/fine was coming or he truly was concerned and regretful. Just my observations, but if it did look intentional then for sure he needs to be booted for a few games.

Did not surprise me....we come out like the Energizer Bunny on too much caffeine and Ducks just played their game...Big & Strong. Sure enough the battery ran low...we lost that intensity and Anaheim finishes off. I cannot believe Fletcher does not trade for a big body proven scorer...someone who can finish off in front of the net and not get knocked off the puck so easily.

We had plenty of chances....not quite there yet but hopefully we can stay in the playoff hunt. Playoff?.....Playoffs?

Oh ya, I'd say it was intentional, maybe he didn't mean to get Zuckers head but he had to of known he was hitting him late, right when he was turning around too and in a dangerous spot a few feet from the boards in the corner.

When I was harping on Cullen at the beginning of the season I was thinking he was looking like a 36 year old that didn't stay in shape over the off season and the strike effected him, but he bounced back in a big way and now I'm surprised to hear trade talks about him. Seto has picked it up too and I think Heatley has stepped up a little too, not to $7m caliber but at least he's not as bad as he was.

I cannot believe Fletcher does not trade for a big body proven scorer...someone who can finish off in front of the net and not get knocked off the puck so easily.

Hello Dany Heatley. At 6'4" and 220lbs this is your guy. I liked giving up brittle Martin Havlat for him but he just isn't producing anywhere near the level he once did. Coyle will be awesome at 6'2" and 210lbs and just 21 yrs. old.

Quote:
Coyle will be awesome at 6'2" and 210lbs and just 21 yrs. old.

That's what I was thinking.

Quote:
Looks like they signed a D that can move the puck. Brett Clark to a one year deal. I like it. They need to break out of the zone better.

Anything that keep's prosser in the press box is fine by me! I read that he was along time veteran for the Avs and is avg a pt a game in the minors. Hopefully he can add depth and experience to the D.

Cull has been great after a terrible start, if he keeps this up I might just want him to stick around another year.

Hope Zucker is ok, late hit for sure, might see a small suspension.

Kind of an interesting move signing the other D man, wondering if there is some kind of trade in the works. 8 dmen plus Scandella in the minors, hmmmm???

That hit had me thinking there is a little more to it because I doubt if that were Michael Rupp the hit would've been made, thinking Zucker maybe not last night maybe the last game in Anaheim or something was said or something went on prior to why Perry wanted to roast him. Perry was searching for that hit I think. Maybe a welcome to the NHL rookie or something, have watched CP play a lot and he generally has a score mentality so my gut feeling is something is up there, then again speculation maybe not.

MB - Welcome to the NHL was what I was thinking. That hit deserves 10 games with how wreckless it was, but knowing the NHL Perry might get 2. The NHL talks about being tough on players for things like this but they make every excuse they can think of not to when the time comes.

It's a joke.

Did anyone go after Perry after the hit ? If that's Syd the Kid getting dropped there'd be h e double hockey sticks to pay, someone may have even had to come off the bench to make sure Corey Perry doesn't get to leave the ice without immediate engagement. Perry's in his last year of his contract, likely won't be in green anytime soon lol.

If Rupp/Konopka would have been out there I bet you would have seen some payback. Too bad we don't see them again this year.

Perry got 4. More than I thought, but still not enough IMO.

Did anyone go after Perry after the hit ? If that's Syd the Kid getting dropped there'd be h e double hockey sticks to pay, someone may have even had to come off the bench to make sure Corey Perry doesn't get to leave the ice without immediate engagement. Perry's in his last year of his contract, likely won't be in green anytime soon lol.

I'd take him in a snap...just what we need big body that can put the puck in the net!

Wild trade Chay Genoway for a conditional 7th to Washington.

Free's up another contract slot for a trade or whatever. I wouldn't mind of if the Wild picked up Nate Schmidt, he is an undrafted free agent.

Saw that. Zucker not playing tonight either. I think we'll be seeing reports of concussion symptoms pretty soon. They seem to develop a day or two later. After seeing the hit many times, hit head whiplashes pretty good. I just have a bad feeling about it.