• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

Great win last night. Parise is a beast, Suter is the dman we paid for, Coyle looks awesome, Zucker continues to produce, Brodin has been solid from day 1. The only question mark right now is Granlund. I don't think anyone saw that coming. They should send him down to Houston and get a little playing time to get his confidence up.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very convincing win last night. Especially nice since it was against the Canucks. Funny to see Burrows being Burrows in the first period. The more linesmen there are between him and the other player, the tougher he gets. But it was nice to see the whole team converging on him. The shots of the box so full ZK had to stand was pretty funny. Looked like a dog kennel.

Coyle's shift on the second Parise goal - holy cow. That kid's a beast on the puck. Only down side at all last night was not much from the third line. I wish I would have kep track the last couple games how many times they said "Heatley" - followed by some description of a turnover. Just seems like the guy's hands are gone.

Hard to say what the right thing to do is when it comes to Granlund. Not worried about him long term, but how good is it for a young guy to sit in the pressbox with PMB (who belongs there right now) vs. sending him down? But if he comes back in, who do you sit? 4th line has been great. Can hardly punish Brodziak by sitting him for no reason. Do you sit Heatley? Tough choice. I think maybe Houston is the right move. Let him go play top line minutes and remember how he got there in the first place.

Still, nice to see them at the top of the division this morning.

Yep great win last night, sets us up nice for a big 2nd half. Agreed about Coyle, he was great last night. Kind of wondered if he was ready for 1st line minutes but if he can keep that up it would be great. 2nd line has been very good, gotta love a line of pure speed. 3rd line is kind of a mess right now. You have all these left over parts who just arn't clicking (Brodz, Clutter, Heatly, Butch and Granlund). Have to think someone is going to get traded soon. I also like Mitchel and Rupp on the 4th line, have to say I didn't think much of Rupp when we traded for him but I like what he brings.

Agree Bear, Rupp has some value, we can't put it on Konopka or really Stoner to do what at times needs to be done, where is the Kassian Killer located ? Do we still have him ?

Kassain cleared waivers and is down in the AHL, thought someone would pick him up but it never happened.

Nice to see the Wild play with some fire last night! Ya Rupp is growing on me and I like his consistant play on that 4 line. He'll never be the fighter Kassian is but he is a solid winger.

These last few weeks should help save Yeo's job... I was starting to wonder if his job was in jeopardy after they mortgaged the farm to bring in the fancy new combines. I like yeo and I like his system.

Granlund just got sent down to Houston.

Smart move IMHO, if he isn't going to crack the lineup here. I think long term they see him at center, and there's really no slot for him here down the middle. No way you take Cullen out, and neither Cullen nor Granlund are as good at wing as at center. Brodziak is an effective versatile 3rd liner who kills penalties and gets 2nd unit PP time, and the 4th line has been great lately, plus Granlund doesn't really fit on a physical grind line. Better off having him playing top line minutes in Houston where he can develop than sitting next to PMB in the press box.

Now if they could just find a trade partner for PMB somehow... But really, have to wonder how much trade value he has at all.

For what PMB could bring in a trade one for one; IMO they are stuck with him and he'll practice with the big club and just play sparingly....mostly when someone gets injured. They have guys in Houston that could have a better effect on the team than PMB but they need to keep those guys getting minutes in Houston. PMB might not be totally healed and sitting and playing sparingly might be best for him...sure is best for the team IMO.

Just read that too. I agree, good move. I would rather not see him again this year and turn into a great player than see him struggle up here all year.

Sounds like CF has been shopping PMB around but can't find a taker. Anyone surprised? Maybe we'll have a better chance near the deadline.

I think PMB is dealt before the deadline for probably a mid round pick. What do you guys think of Heatley? Slowest guy in the league and declining production plus another year left on his deal. I think he gets moved before the deadline as well.

I have my doubts on PMB, but I think there's an even smaller chance Heatley get dealt. You said it yourself, slow, aging hands, declining production, high salary. Who's gonna take that and for what? Maybe a team that needs to reach the cap floor next year, but hey, they can get Bobby Lou for the same price and have a #1 goalie.

My feeling is that if someone offers us something for Heater or PMB we take it as long as it doesn't touch any prospects/picks. But, I have my doubts anyone will offer anything.

Heatley just irks me this year. Looks like he's just out for a skate collecting a paycheck. He's always flat footed. If we could move him for a puck moving defenseman in the last year of his deal that would be fine with me. Maybe for Visnovsky or Streit from the Isles.

It would be cool to deal PMB but seriously who wants him? A small overpaid winger who isn't producing. Not to mention all the concussion history. I have no doubt someone will take a chance on him this off season but it won't be easy to move him.

For all of Heatlys shorcomings he still puts the puck in the net so I don't see us getting rid of him unless we get a decent return. No doubt an off season buyout is a possibility. However we migth just ride out that last year of his contract, he should still be good for 20-25 goals in a full season.

I'll be surprised if the Wild can make a move but I'd like to see a D-man come in. For them to pick up a good veteran D-man they will need to move salary as well.

Heatley won't be moved because of salary. If PMB is traded it will be for salary only and the Wild will have to give up a prospect along with him.

Wild might be willing to give up the "right" forward prospect but with Backs on the last year of his contract it will probably be tough for the Wild to move a goalie prospect. So unless the Wild falls out of playoff contention before April 3rd I can't see them selling too much.

Fun game against anaheim so far. Jonas Hiller standing on his head keeping the ducks in the game and the wild are playing very well again. Looks like Zucker got his bell rung pretty good on a fairly cheap hit by Perry. Hes gonna be out for a game or two i bet.