• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baked walleye

I think Deitz originally posted a variation of this recipe:

Lay your filets down on some tin foil.

Rub a thin layer of ranch dressing on each filet.

Sprinkle parmesan cheese over fish.

Lay some Lemon slices down and bake until golden brown.

IMAG0085.jpg

We have done something similar with chicken but use mayonnaise instead of ranch dressing. I believe the recipe is on the Helmens mayo jar or on line as Parmesan crusted chicken. Should work for fish also and comes out nice and crispy.

Tin oil on a cooky sheet with sides. spray so the filet don't stick.

lay filets out. sprinkle with pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, little cyan or papreka. whatever else sounds good. melt 1/4 stick butter pour on filets just get them wet. Broil on hi on the second rack down or broil on low till golden brown.

Sprinkle with lemon pepper or lemon juice and serve. I usually have to share the butter in the pan also.

For those of you that cook with real pans, aka, cast iron, I happened on a great way to cook them under the broiler. Spray with olive oil, season with your favorites - mine are garlic salt, Old Bay, lemon pepper, and paprika - put the seasonings on while fish is in the pan. Pop it under the broiler on high until the flesh pops open and is white. Quickly take it out of the oven, drop a tablespoon of BUTTER (not margarine) in the pan with a splash of lemon juice. Put the fish on your plate, pour the lemon butter over the fillets and dig in! Fantastic and easy to clean up as opposed to a broiler pan - pain in the rear!

This bake walleye is a favorite of my wife and I.

3 T butter

1 T minced onion

Salt & Pepper

1 garlic clove minced

1 t thyme

3/4 cup panko bread cumbs

T dried parsley

2 T mayo

1 egg yoke

1/2 t leamon pepper

Pre heat oven to 300. I put a wire rack in a shallow pan so the fish won't stew in it's own juices. Melt butter in a fry pan add onion, garlic and thyme cook for a couple of minutes. Add the panko cumbs to the butter mixture, cook until the panko cumbs are browned then add the parsley.

Mix the together the mayo, egg yolk and the leamon pepper. Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels. Season with salt & pepper. Coat the top of the fish with the mayo mixture( one side of fillet only)Dredge the coated tops of fish in the panko mixture (you may have to press the coating with your fingers so it stays in place). Spray the wire rack with cooking spray. Put the fish on the rack, coated side up. bake at 300 for 30 to 40 minutes.

I did a baked stuffed Walleye that I got some ideas off of a Utube video under this title: Stuffed Walleye by Chef Jimmy Dean at the Guides Inn in Boulder Junction WI .

Mine came out pretty good with some Morel muchrooms on top. The picture doesn't show it very well because of the top down shot but it is stacked pretty high then this picture shows. If you watch the video you can get a better idea of how to cut the fish and stuff it. It has a wild rice stuffing in it. wink

full-27051-29683-walleyedinner001.jpg