• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Ideas

westrush

So I'm getting up there in Age An Have a bad back I want to know of a easy way to get my Yukon in the back of my truck It's about 100 pound I think

Lifting it in is rough for me Thought mybe some has a good idea for help with that Thanks

I know a guy that rigged a pully system in the box of his truck to help with a shack he has then all he has to do is lean one side up and then pull the house in the back of the truck. but like brad said maybe posting this question in the iceteam forums might be beneficial. take care and good luck ...let us know what you come up with..

What I do when I am fishing alone is take a quick strap, one end hooked to an eyelet in the front of my box, then I lift one end of the ice house up on my tailgate, and hook the other end of the quick strap to the ice house. That holds it up there so I can grab the back end and lift it up there. For me, it isnt that I cant lift the weight, it is just hard to lift one end up, then try to push the ice house in while standing on ice, without it wanting to fall back out of the truck.

I used to use ATV ramps to assist me in doing this, but then someone decided they needed my ramps more then I did. So I dont bring valuable stuff to the lake, that I am not taking out with me.

Here is the solution I came up with. It is just a wooden rack that holds the house and gives leverage to help get it into the truck box. I have two sleds, a two person and the Clam Kenai in the picture.

To use it, just set it on the ground and place the house in the center section. Pick up the front and set it on the tailgate, then grab the back of the rack, lift and push it into the truck box.

full-711-28391-rack1.jpg

full-711-28392-rack2.jpg

full-711-28393-rack3.jpg

We have two 8ft sections of 3/4" conduit. They connect and disconnect at one end via two 90 degree elbows and a 12" section of conduit joining them. It provides a long, slide (push)up ramp, which has saved my back completely! Don't know that 8ft long works in a pick up (to stow during travel), I have a large SUV.