• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shopping for a spear

Meat-Run

All depends what your looking for, a custom spear will cost alot but in my opinion its worth the money you spend on it. Most customs will have to be ordered and yo may not get it for awhile.

Look to the net for a custom and some of those seeling sites as they are a great avenue to find them.

I ordered a Fabeck spear last year and picking it up this week. But he told me he wont be makeing any more. I searched around and a real quality spear is hard to find and you have to pay more if you want a nice one. On the other hand I also saw some pricey ones I didnt like.

He did mention someone else might keep makeing these spears but not sure on the details if they will be the same or not.

Hey folks where is the best place to shop for a good spear or maybe a custom made spear that don't cost an arm and leg?

MR

personally spend the money on a spear you really want. it will be yours for life and nothing is worse then having a spear you dont like.

personally those "amish" spears, they had them or one at least, that style at the mndarkhouse booth at the ice show is the best bang for the buck. there around you may need to look a bit. i woyld not go CHEAP; REASONABLE YES!!!!!!

I got one of the Amish style spears a few years ago and have been very happy with it. Speared my fish at the GTG with it, hit it right behind the head and it held the fish great. I think you can pick one up for around $115 give or take.

Bowhunt

I got one of the Amish style spears a few years ago and have been very happy with it.

Bowhunt

+1.

I heard that they are made in the Long Prairie area. I got a good deal on one at the Fleet store in Long prairie a couple of years ago. It was a black friday deal. I think that I paid $90, but I don't rembember exactly.

Before someone asks it was $170 for the 7 tine and a little more if you wanted a 9 tine. I got the 7 tine. Was it worth the money? Compared to others I saw...absolutely. However I was never able to find out what that Amish spear looked like. Anyone have a picture of one of those?

After getting this I was thinking maybe I should have went with a 9 tine but I like the look of a 7. It is only 6.5 inches across with a 7 tine and thats not a lot of room for error. I guess I will have to pull the decoy up a couple feet closer. lol Mine has #137 stamped in it and he said he had about 20 left to make. I was a welder for a long time and we used to make spears out of pitch forks back in the day. I can appreciate the fabrication and machineing that went into these spears and it is absolutely flawless. He gave me an odd look when I picked it up and told him it looked like a work of art and I might just hang it on the wall. This is also one of those things that will last forever and the person that ends up with it better remember me forever. Although hopefully I wont be parting with it anytime soon. Heck I might just take it with me in case I end up in the wrong place.