• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Superstar let go at KFAN

Sifty

Yeah its funny that a sports station gets rid of the only guy who has actually played a sport.

When I was reading about him being let go I also saw it mentioned that he recently married Keri Noble. Am I the only one that didn't know about that? Didn't even realize they were dating or that Mike wasn't married any more. Guess my short commute causes me to miss alot of the show.

Most days my commute is pretty short too. However, over the past few months I always listen to Mike & Mike on 1500, and only turn it to KFAN when it's a commercial.

Mike & Mike may not talk about our local teams much, but I enjoy their show and guests much more than the KFAN morning show.

Weasel was let go from the 93X morning show last week as well.

That time of year to make the budget cuts.

KFAN keeps getting rid of the wrong personnel. Paul Allen should take two weeks off and then quit.

I am guessing he made the most money of the three on the show that are there every day. Clear channel is laying off alot of people from what I read today. I personally like the show alot...it's a good way to start the day, kind of light on sports but you get all the latest sports info and a grin here and there. I do not like Cory Cove, wish it would have been him. I could do without his negative know it all attitude. Chris makes the show anyway...I will still listen.

Star being married to Keri is a bit.

Total stinks! The PTMS is the best program on the Fan these days, next to Common. I'll still listen cause I like the rest of the personalities, but it won't be the same. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here on out.

But, I suppose... if the Fan was in need of trimming some fat, they picked the right guy! wink

But, I suppose... if the Fan was in need of trimming some fat, they picked the right guy! wink

IALTO

That's too bad though, he has been a bit of a punching-bag lately though, and doesn't seem to contribute as much as he used to either

I would agree it was nice listening to a guy that use to be in the locker room and knew how it all worked. Enjoyed his show very much now idk, meat sauce is cool but gets annoying after awhile. I wonder if being married now to Keri noble one of them had to go, was in a corp. once and a couple who worked together for years then got married they forced one to move out.

Its a pretty darn good morning show. Hawkey by far is the anchor of that show with Superstar being a good complement. Cove and Sauce are horrible.

I've listened to him from pretty much day 1, but I think both PA's schtick has ran its course.

How much you wanna bet Dubay is back within a year?

The news saddened me. Star and Chris were the core of the group. Cory is downright annoying plus his over the top faked voice drives me nuts. I don't like listening to him at all.

The show was ok but they got rid of the wrong person/people. Stupid accountants looking at dollar signs while ignoring the shows chemestry. There had to be a better combination of cuts than this.

To me, there isn't enough good left on the show for me to tune in anymore so it's back to music at the Current's morning show.

I had quit listening to TPT, I liked Morris, dating back to protons neutrons electrons times with Common, but his supporting cast annoyed the heck out of me, Chris is always singing over songs, meat sauce is boring and like the other poster said, Cory comes off smug and arrogant

Losing weasel on HAMS hurts worse IMO

Weasel was let go from the 93X morning show last week as well.

What?! Man that stinks. I used to listen to them every morning on my commute from Big Lake to St. Paul. Now that I live in Williston I haven't caught the show in quite a while, but I was hoping it would still be there for when I move back to MN. frown

I'VE LISTENED TO KFAN FOR OVER 12 YEARS AND IT IS INTERESTING TO SEE OTHERS OPIONIONS ON THE PERSONALITIES. i SEEM TO BE ONE OF THE FEW WHO LIKE "SLUDGE". FROM THE BEGINING, HE WAS NOT IN AWE OF STAR AND WOULD RIDICULE HIM OF HIS LITTLE MISTAKES. I ALWAYS FOUND IT HUMOROUS. I AGREE THAT HE WAS THE MOST CREDIBLE PERSON ON THERE WITH HIS FOOTBALL TAKES. HIS STHICK WAS ALWAYS FUNNY ALSO AND THE SHOW SUCCEEDED BECAUSE OF IT. i FIND IT KINDA FUNNY THAT THEY MADE THIS DECISION AT THE END OF THE YEAR. SEEMS LIKE SOMEONE NEEDED TO SEE THAT THEY GOT THEIR BONUS. I BELIEVE THE SHOW IS NOW DOOMED AND WHAT WILL THAT DO FOR THE BIGSHOTS THEN!!!

capslockdemotivate.jpg

grin

Reading here and elsewhere about Morris getting let go and, like you said, it is interesting to hear who people like and dislike on the show. It varies across the board, however the consensus seems to be that it is puzzling how Meat Sauce and Hawkey are still employed. LOL.

Personally I rarely listen to anything on KFAN before noon on M-F and the Powertrip show, quite honestly, is unlistenable.

His contract was terminated so his affiliation with KFAN at this point is zilch.

I will miss his insightful post-game comments and detailed analysis on the Vikings such as "we got beat" or "we need to play better".