• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Two-blade Rage complaints

I am female and use the 2 blade Rage, they were recommended and I dropped my first bow kill my first year with one that only went 30 yards on a rookie hit cuz the Rage tore it up inside. Everyone told me with my lower poundage to go to a fixed so I took their advice. after 2 seasons of lost deer with the smaller entrance wounds from the fixed blades, I am back to the Rages again. They fly just like field tips and have worked well so far, and I need all the confidence in my broadheads I can get. I will continue to use them.

BTW, Rage has addressed the issue of the blades slipping out and I haven't had any problems with that issue like a couple years ago. If thats why some of you quit using them, I'd give them another shot. They don't fall out now for me, at all.

Oh Come on matchset was that a teaser or what? did you keep your successful streak going?

Oh i thought you guys would never ask wink pics and story will be up soon! He's no 147 but my my NEW average is 146.8" smile can i round up?? Ha ha

For those who have great luck with the Rage heads, thats great and I would continue to use them.

I am not an inexperienced archer and I have been shooting a bow for close to 40 years.

My bow is well tuned and the bucks this year had well placed shots and the rage heads were brand new. They did not go through the deer so for me, never again.

Glad some of you have had good luck but for me, they are simply JUNK.

For those who have great luck with the Rage heads, thats great and I would continue to use them.

I am not an inexperienced archer and I have been shooting a bow for close to 40 years.

My bow is well tuned and the bucks this year had well placed shots and the rage heads were brand new. They did not go through the deer so for me, never again.

Glad some of you have had good luck but for me, they are simply JUNK.

My feelings as well, 3 blade = junk and the 2 blade not better than anything else. I don't want the dang blades constantly flopping around. If you like them go for it but they are not for me.

I became a believer in them this fall. My buddy swears by them and the holes they put in deer. Always thought he was just talking out the side of his neck. Look at the hole his Rage 2 blade did to his buck.....although it was quartering to him when he shot and didn't get a pass through, it wasn't a hard blood trail to follow! Sold me on them and I like the way they fly! full-17731-26437-rage.jpg

Yep, when they work well they make some incredible holes. However, I won't shoot a broadhead that I don't trust and don't believe it's built well and with a fundamentally solid design. That describes a Rage head to me. See harvey's post- I think he about summed it up...

I don't shoot range anymore but I do have to say that an arrow tipped with a successfully opened rage is a thing of beauty. Especiall when everything goes right and even sometimes when the shot isn't perfect, massive holes and great blood trails. I have sent about 10 rages through deer, however the scary part is one didn't open properly. Those are odds I am not willing to take, still got the deer because of a perfect shot but it was scary to see.

With rage every shot can be a gamble, most of the time they will work great but eventually the odds catch up with you.

I switched from G5 100 GRAIN head to a 2 blade rage 100 grain head this year. I have never had a problem with pass through shots with the strikers whether through a shoulder blade or the body cavity. I had a chip shot at a deer at 15 yards hit shoulder blade and watched a buck run off with an arrow just a few inches into his soulder. Looked for 2 days never found blood, never found the arrow and never found the deer. I shot a doe at 8 yards and the arrow deflected up off the ribcage on the offhand side and left an exit wound almost as high as the entry wound but barely made it out the opposite side at 8 yards. Catastrophic damage inside, but not much to track her with, doe recovered. If you want consistent pass through shots a fixed blade head gets the vote from me. I have friends that shoot the 2 blade and swear by them and I have helped them track the deer after they have shot and most never made it past 30-50 yards without a passthrough. I also have found 8 inches of an arrow and a 2 blade rage in a deer I butchered in the past couple years so I have decided to go back to fixed blade heads. I won't shoot an expandable broadhead when elk hunting so I quess I shouldn't deer hunting either. They fly really nice but I guess I like the pass through shots much more then one and done. To those of you that shoot them and think they are great, use what works best for you! I'm going back to a fixed blade head.

Tunrevir~

Started useing 2 blade rage this year. Got one deer in the shoulder, she broke the arrow while running, and never recovered her. The next deer I shot with them, was a complete pass thru at 42 yards, HUGE entry and exit wounds, deer went 30 yards and was done, but not much blood. I will continue to use them. I am the beleiver of good shot placement, and a tuned bow. I am sure that there are many different reasons that the Rage didnt work for others, but for me, they did!! I am shooting a Bowtech Insanity at 65#'s, Victory 400 arrows.

What works for me, may not for others, and I understand that! I must say that i do like topics like this, very good to hear others stories for the lock box in the brain just in case!! I say thanks to everyone!!

+++1, hows your season so far?

Still plugging away, had a rough start to the year with some physical injuries, then some family issues have limited the field time, but like always any time in the stand is good.

Was out tonight and seen several deer and even took the video camera out and was able to film a doe at 30 yards was thinking of letting the RAGE eat, but with 1 tag I still have time to be somewhat selective.