• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Conditions!!! Please update here!

bassNspear

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to a guy who was out on lakes near cambridge yesterday.... 3 inches of ice with slush and snow over the top... It is a mess yet.

I will go out on 3 inches of clear ice when it is cold, but not when there are several inches of snow on top of it...

I am going to check some lakes tomorrow.

I talked to a guy who was out on lakes near cambridge yesterday.... 3 inches of ice with slush and snow over the top... It is a mess yet.

I will go out on 3 inches of clear ice when it is cold, but not when there are several inches of snow on top of it...

I am going to check some lakes tomorrow.

Keep us updated please,I want to get out bad but it's not worth drowning over.

We just got back last night from cass, 8" ice 2" snow with more snow today coming. The lake was froze over and making good ice every night.

The fish really started moving Thursday and Friday. We got fish to eat and fish to come home with. Never saw a big fish but did get fish from 26 to 33, lot of perch which is always good eating. Some guys are staying until Tuesday so we see how they do. We are getting rain right now at home which is never good the middle of Dec. I pray we are not going to have a winter like last year.

We are getting rain at my place right now.

I think it was three years ago that we got snow right away when there wasnt enough ice. Lakes got rutted up real bad. Then we got some rain and knocked it down and we had good ice. Hope maybe that happens again.

Whitefish

We got about 2" of snow out of this last storm, however we got a fair amount of rain too.

So most everything is flooding now, which in the long run is good, we had roughly 4" of snow on top of the ice from the previous storm, so now all the snow has gotten wet, so it should freeze clean thru now. however it won't be real good ice.

Was out Friday and Saturday on the chain.

You will have to be very carefull of where you go, I had anywhere from 5" to 1-1/2", seemed like if you could get by a crack that flooded and froze it was good ice, but you get out in the snow the ice was very thin. I could not get to where I wanted to go, stayed in the bays. but literaly had to check ice every 10 feet or so, it changed that quick. Now with the flooding I would not recomend travel of any sorts out there until if freezes back up.

Was standing on 5" of ice, and just a reach away into the snow drift it was 1-1/2", so head out in pairs, have ice picks, and know exactly where your going.

We got 3.5" of ice on tetonka, too much cracking when walking for me. I am waiting until Wednesday to put the spear house out. I know behindthehead won't be going, I still have his spear from up north. Anyone need a nice spear????

We got 3.5" of ice on tetonka, too much cracking when walking for me. I am waiting until Wednesday to put the spear house out. I know behindthehead won't be going, I still have his spear from up north. Anyone need a nice spear????

Pick me! Pick me!