• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How often do you guys wash your camo?

I wash mine if I wear them longer then from the truck too the stand and back. I get funny looks almost naked on the side of the road but I never wear my camos in the truck. I shower and change out of my street clothes where I'm hunting and take them off once I'm back too the truck.

Yeah there are different opinions... I have always stripped down when I get outta of the truck and into my camo. I spray scent killer everytime, and more often than not soak a wick in special golden at the stand to help cover.. I have also used fox urine. Anyway I do sweat in my cloths and the aroma of scents, sweat, and just the cloths being weathered, I am thinking I should give em a wash here ad there?

On a side note, got winded tonight (bummer)

If you sweat a lot then wash them often. But I'm with scoot normally I wash once or twice thru the season. As far as fox or any other animal cover scent I would leave them in the truck also. Even though the bucks are really getting the tickle leave the doe in heat out till at least the 23rd. The best scent is no scent at all.

I only wash mine at the end of the year, then they are hung up in my hunting room until next summer/fall. I will hang my cothes outside for a few weeks and then place them in totes with leaves for storage during the season. I have a couple different sets of camo that I will rotate wearing. Lighter stuff for the early warmer weather and warmer stuff for the colder temps. I hung my orange out this past weekend so they are getting washed good with this rain. Once they dry off good they will go in a tote sometime next week.... I also get dresses when I park to go in the woods.

I get funny looks almost naked on the side of the road but I never wear my camos in the truck. I shower and change out of my street clothes where I'm hunting and take them off once I'm back too the truck.

This is what I do. I try to do it as fast as I can, I hate it when cars drive by me, plus it sucks stripping down when its 15 degrees lol. I wash probably once a week, more during the early season because of the sweat.

I don't have the weight lifter physique so I usually turn around and give a moon shot! grin

I wash all my clothes about a month before opener and let air hang on the deck until it's time to hunt. I change before & after each hunt and store in a sealed container. I'm most concerned with my boots. They never touch the pedal of my truck. Always sprayed down and covered with dirt/leaves before walking to the stand. Entry/exit trails will linger for days and that's what I focus to reduce. I exclusively hunt the wind, so clothes not nearly as much.

I wash mine once a year, whether they need it or not. Or when they get deer blood on them smile

I'll admit, to a deer I stink, but even with scent lock clothes, hanging them outside, putting different scents on them, the deer are still going to smell you - your head, hands, breath, etc. if they get down wind. Thats the key, play the wind.

So used a wardrobe that has not been used often this year and washed the other one. Had a giant 8 point come out, could never get him to come into bow range, but watched him for a solid 20 minutes. I tried grunting, rattleing, but he was not to interested. I beleive curiosity kept him around... Anyway it was nice not o get winded like I did last night! Hopefully tomorrow will be te day!