• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i have an older remington 1100 that im having little issues with, its my pheasant hunting gun and the problem im having lately now is it wont eject the shell out and reload another into the chamber. When i shoot the first thell it sticks about 3 quarters the way out, it locks back like its empty even though when you look you can see the second shell in the magazine. so whats causeing this issue, it never did this before i could shoot shells out of it like nothing until now, any info would be helpful thanks

Tear it all apart, clean it good and use a lightly damp oily rag to reoil it... 1100's don't like alot of oil and it builds up gunk over time. I always have used carburator cleaner on mine, still lookes and works the day it did when it went out the factory door in 1967... Old girl has shot a couple truckloads of shells and fed me well in the 30 years I have owned it... When you have it apart check everything for wear or broken parts...

Gas ports may be dirty. Take the barrel off and there's 2 holes in the barrel in the round part that goes onto the receiver. Point a flashlight down the choke end of the barrel and you should see the 2 holes. You may have to move it around some. Then use a paper clip to clean them out.

Ejector may be broken?

Broken O rings ( the reason I bought a Benneli)

Back to what someone else asked.... Is it a 3" and what shells are you shooting?

If I recall right, there is only one gas port in the barrell of the 1100. The 11-87 went to dual ports to help it shoot trap loads up to 3" shells and be able to eject them.

The old 3" 1100's didnt eject the smaller loads for crud....

MY 1100 3" I do not even bother to use cheap low charge 2.75 inch shells. If I keep it very clean and the gas port well cleaned it works ok.

I got this gun for a 3" gun and for slug hunting so it does it's job using 2.75 inch slugs and 3" bird loads with no issue.

I would guess if it is a 3 inch gun, that is what you should shoot. Maybe a larger gas port would help with the lower charged shells but I would check with a gun smith first as I am sure most all of them have seen this issue.

1100's can be finnicky guns. If it was kicking out light loads before it should still do it. Something is gummed up or not working properly in your gas operating system. Take the gun apart and clean it thoroughly. Full break down. Trigger, bolt, gas pistons, everything. Get all the crud and fouling off. Run a pipe cleaner through the exhaust port(s) in the barrel. Use a little fine steel wool on all the moving parts of the gas operating system so they slide smoothly. Oil, and wipe off excess. I would then replace the o ring. You can search for the cross reference and buy one at your local hardware store.

cant be cheap shells the gun was my dads so i'll never get rid of it, he replaced the barrel with what they called a steel shot barrel for the 1100 so ive shot all sorts of ammo throu that gun from light loads to heavy loads. i'll replace the o ring but my thoughts are going to that ejector if it isnt worn out....thanks for all the info

If its cycling poorly, its almost always the gas piston seal. Unless the gun has never been tore down and cleaned. Put a whole new piston seal kit in it and like someone else said, buy a spare. They are cheap.