• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canada Fishing

Dbl

Spent the last week up in Ontario on a fly in fishing trip. We had great weather, good fishing and a fun time! Just a few photos from the trip.

#1 The night before the fly out! Can't wait to get to the lake. If you are wondering how I got this shot I used a 20 sec. exposure and fired a flash a couple of times at the airplane to light it up.

Lodge-NL-XL.jpg

#2 Loaded up and ready to go!

2DBL0962-XL.jpg

#3 Beautiful sunrise take off and flight out.

2DBL0965-XL.jpg

#4 On final, almost fishing!

2DBL0974-XL.jpg

#5 See you in a few days!

2DBL0984-XL.jpg

#6 Good numbers of fish each day! Largest was a 23"

2dbl1001-XL.jpg

#7 End of another perfect day of fishing!

2DBL0995-XL.jpg

#8 Beautiful warm, bug free, full moon evenings! That is the big dipper!

2DBL1008-XL.jpg

9#

2DBL1039-XL.jpg

#10 All too soon the time to go home. A great few days of fishing with family! We will be back! And its only a month until our annual fall week at Rainy Lake!

2DBL1064-XL.jpg

Hidden Bay Lodge out of Sioux Lookout is who I used. I have used a few over the years and used to fly loads of fisherman to various camps so I had a few ideas where I wanted to go.

I like the fact that all the food was included, and the stay in a bunkhouse the night before the fly out. They have a 90% return rate as well. Nice friendly folks who run a good operation.

I wanted a trip with my dad who is in his 70's while he could enjoy it with no problems. He is in great shape but things can change, to any of us. I hope to get my son up next year (he had limited vacation this year), and have three generations experiencing a trip like this!

The one shocker will be the Canadian Guest tax. Most lodges will show you the US price without figuring in the Guest tax. I think it is in the 13% range! You are might be eligible for a refund of 50% of that if you use a qualified operator. We will be getting over $200 back....eventually! If you want more info just shoot me a PM or an e-mail and I can fill you in more.

dbleitch at aol dot com