• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone ever caught one of these while catfishing?

dilleyo

I caught a real nice Frabill landing net in Mille Lacs while dragging Lindy snells! It stunk real bad so I power washed it and let it dry for a few months.

Use it after my good net got stolen and it worked great until my brother didn't get the pin in correctley and lost the hoop while trying to net a walleye! WTH! eek

This spring when the water was on the drop Trueby and I found a bunch of big bones about 25 feet down in a big cutbank that was collapsing that I presume to have been bison. Wish I would've saved a few because the next day that bank collapsed completely and they were gone. Cool stuff guys!

A guy caught a set of elk antlers below Lock and Dam 5a by Winona a few years ago. IIRC they were several thousand years old.

When antler, bone, or a tooth is buried in a stream or lake bed, it decays at a much slower rate than it would above ground. The bacteria that would break it down on land cannot live without oxygen below water. It also helps that bank erosion and floods uncover those remains from time to time for us.

wife dropped a chunk of cut sucker right into this clams open shell, then it closed up on it.

full-20574-23564-p8070226.jpg

nice Amblema plicata, Bobby

I've found some bison parts in the MN watershed while scuba diving, and folks I worked with found intact skulls. Pretty neat stuff.