• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NFL Pro 32 Power Rankings

RiverFish

A new AP poll is out and guess who is on top? Guess who is near the bottom?

RANK TEAM

1 Green Bay Packers (5)

2 New England Patriots (2)

3 New York Giants (5)

4 San Francisco 49ers

5 Baltimore Ravens

6 Houston Texans

7 Pittsburgh Steelers

8 Philadelphia Eagles

9 New Orleans Saints

10 Denver Broncos

11 Chicago Bears

11 Detroit Lions

13 Atlanta Falcons

14 Cincinnati Bengals

15 Dallas Cowboys

16 San Diego Chargers

17 New York Jets

18 Kansas City Chiefs

19 Buffalo Bills

20 Carolina Panthers

21 Tennessee Titans

22 Seattle Seahawks

23 Arizona Cardinals

23 Oakland Raiders

25 Washington Redskins

26 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

27 Miami Dolphins

28 St. Louis Rams

29 Minnesota Vikings

30 Cleveland Browns

31 Jacksonville Jaguars

32 Indianapolis Colts

Looks like next spring the Vikes will have another prime spot in the draft to screw up, well, as long as they don't try to win a meaningless game at the end of the season again.

Quote:
Zygi Wilf: I expect Vikings to be division champs

Almost everyone expects the Vikings to finish in last place in the NFC North. But Vikings owner Zygi Wilf has a very different expectation.

“I expect to be [NFC North] division champs,” Wilf said, via 1500ESPN.com. “I want to be able to fight for the division, as we always did every year, and get better for years to come. That’s always been our goal and it’s been the goal since the first day I came here.”

IALTO.

Where are those wins going to come from? I can't see them winning a division game. They also have near-automatic losses playing the 49ers and @Texans. That's 8 losses right there.

I'd give them a fighting chance for Jacksonville, @Indy, Titans, @Redskins, Cards, and @Rams.

@Seahawks and Bucs will be tough but not unthinkable.

I don't think they win all of those tossups. Even if AP is healthy. I would say 6 games is a pretty realistic ceiling, if Ponder develops well and AP returns to form

This is the NFL, the worst team can beat the best. I say we sneak out 2 wins in the division, and 4-6 out of the division. We are in much better shape then last year. Our secondary has improved a lot, just by having cook back. The OL should give ponder a little more time to complete some passes. We are in much better shape the year at WR as well. They made improvements, they will get a better record. I usually am pretty optimistic on the Vikes, and I see 6-8 wins this year doable.

SKOL!

I just looked at the Vikes schedule- I see 5 losses, tops.

11-5, division champs, first round bye, breeze through the playoffs and easily handle the Patriots for our first Super Bowl victory!

SuperBowl Homeboy!! We're Coming!! We're Coming!!

These rankings arent even close.

With that said the Vikes are still going to stink.

If the play calling this year is anything like last year we will be picking Barkley with the number 1 pick next April.

Half of our "good players" will be hurt by week 3 or 4. The other half will be in jail.

On the bright side I will get some amusement coming on here every week listening to you guys tell me how Toby Dungpile is a good NFL back or how it was worth it to sign another RB to a huge contract..... cause it worked so well with herscel walker.

Said it last year and I will say it again. They should trade Allen and Peterson now while we can still get something for them. We will never win a championship with those two here. The team needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

These rankings arent even close.

With that said the Vikes are still going to stink.

What would you change? I think it is a far stretch to say they are not even close. I would move the Cowboys up the list a little and Bengals down a bit, but other wise I think the ranks are pretty close.

Giants wont make the playoffs

Atlanta is better than New Orleans

Detriot is better than Chicago

22-32 you could have taken and drawn the order out of a hat.

I think the cowgurls are pretty close, and I would move the Bengals up the list quite a bit.

I think Baltimore is over he hill, and Philly needs to prove that their egos can coexist before they can win.

I think the Chargers are decent too. Not great, but probably a little better than 500.

I saw Jared Allen on one of the training camp shows the other day. He talked about the "division champs" prediction from Zigi. I liked his response at least. He said that every season there are NFL rookies that step in and compete immediately. He said that every player has it in them if they reached this level, they just need to do it. He further stated that several of the teams' veterans didn't have a few years to wait around for a rebuilding. Rookies and vets needed to step up now, and if they did, a division championship is a reasonable expectation.

He's right, but all of that said, they likely will be the counterweight at the bottom of the NFC North

The Packers are one snap away from being the worst team in the NFL. They lose Rodgers, they are done. Haven't had a running game in 3 years. He goes down they compete with the Vikings for last place in the division. That being said, Vikings win 6 games most this season. Personally, if the Vikings don't win the division, I want the Lions to take it.

Looks like next spring the Vikes will have another prime spot in the draft to screw up

Are you saying that drafting Kalil was a screw up? Bet that hippie never goes against him during the Vikes/Pack game!

The Packers are one snap away from being the worst team in the NFL. They lose Rodgers, they are done. Haven't had a running game in 3 years. He goes down they compete with the Vikings for last place in the division. That being said, Vikings win 6 games most this season. Personally, if the Vikings don't win the division, I want the Lions to take it.

If the majority of the top NFL teams lose their QB, their season is done. Brady, Mannings, Romo, Rodgers, Stafford, Cutler, Ryan, Brees, Rivers, Rothlesberger, Flacco. Any of these guys go down their season is most likely done.

But you kind of see a theme with most these teams as well.

Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin, Matt Birk, Randy Moss... I could go on. The Vikings have had an OK draft record over the past 20 years or so. Not good, or great, or poor, but OK. Poor Coaching and horrible, horrible luck have been their downfall IMO. We've seen some very talented teams choke here. You need to manage and draft well to have talented teams. It takes coaching and yes some luck to win it all. Look at the Browns, Raiders, Cardinals, Seahawks and until recently the Bengals. All much worse over the past 20 years at drafting than the Vikings.

Rankings are what they are. At the end of the year there will be plenty of movement on this chart. The Vikings will finish 4th in the north(3rd at best) with the Packers and Lions fighting it out for first. The Bears are very overrated this off season IMO. They are old and on the way down.

Please, do go on. I wanna see more players that fell into the Vikings' lap. LOL.

Nah, never mind. Lets get back to discussing why the Vikings are at the bottom of this power rankings list even though they have all those outstanding draft picks.