• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many acres do you bowhunt?

the man

Our bowhunting group consists of 5 people. We hunt several different properties. Specifically, we own a 220 acre parcel and a 40 acre parcel. We lease a 270 acre farm and a 80 acre woods. In addition we also hunt a fair amount of public land.

Unfortunetely, our hunting area falls in the carlton area. We have some serious repairs to do on our wheeler trails, hillsides and bridges that will take some major time. But luckily our structures are OK.

1- 5 acre that is a perfectly set up, 1-40 thats good usually good for 2 deer per year, 1-200 that Im still trying to learn, and 1-1000+++ that I have been hunting for a while and have them pretty well figured out depending on the crop cycle

All private

my dad, couple of buddies and i hunt various properties in minnesota and wisconsin.

360 timbered acres in wisconsin and a range of parcels from 12,86,440, and 1,100 acre farm in bluff country minnesota.

1 - 5 acre, 1 - 20 acre, both private.

Couple of other pieces that are around 20 acres that I share with a few others and several bigger pieces of Public Hunting grounds, nothing like the chunks up north, but still ok hunting.

80 private... Thousands and counting for public. I still really like certain corners of my public spots. Seems to never fail at teasing me with big deer sightings and close encounters. Just gotta be in the right tree at the right time which is what I just can't figure out.

Technically it's 5 acres, but our house and yard take up 2 of that so it leaves 3 acres.

I have 5 different stands hung for different conditions and it's so thick with buckthorn that you're lucky to be able to see 20 yards until they lose their leaves so you can move 30 yards to a new stand and it's like you're hunting a totally different area.

I am very cautious about over hunting in the early fall. I have two stands that are literally 10 yards off my lawn and I hunt those in the early part of the year, trying not to go further into the woods until late October. I've added two food plots that help funnel the deer through my small parcel as well so all in all it's been working for me, although there are many times I wish for a stand on the edge of a field or in more open woods. Maybe this year I'll look to get permission on an area like that but it's hard not to like rolling out of bed and being to your stand in less than 10 minutes.