• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I bet you'll get a hundred different answers of good guns.

I shoot a 11-87 and like it, its heavy though. If i bought a differnt one, id buy a 20 gauge, otherwise I like the auto. I dont know much about these bolt action sluggers but ive heard you can get a little more accuracy out of them. Im sure someone will know.

Good luck! Buy before she remembers to change her mind! wink

I bought a Mossberg 500 20ga. combo. It comes with a regular smoothbore barrel and a cantaleviered rifled barrel and scope. I replaced the scope with a higher end and I use Hornady SST sabots that shoots super accurate! Drops deer in their tracks! Never had a deer run away after hittng them! 2c

Interesting reading this thread. But why a 20GA over a 12GA? I mean you only shoot it a couple of times per year if your reasoning is the recoil, but maybe I like hunting with elephant guns:)

Non the less, good luck with your new slugger I am sure you will like it.

I have a 20 ga. Mossgerg and it is so light that it's like toting around a rifle versus a heavy 12ga. Lets you keep your gun in your hands longer avoiding having to grab your gun when you can't move. And you all been there! So! 2c

Some of the way it was also explained to me by the sales guy before I made the purchase was, that there is plenty of lead behind the 20 gauge. Why do you need more?The sabots that I bought are 265 gr. , when even compared to my 30-06 I am only shooting 150 grains. With that said it will put down any game in this state.