• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RIP Dark Star

Did many a late night hunting/fishing trip runs with that soothing voice as a companion. Never did get a full story on that guy though. Late night radio and handicapping generally don't equate to rolling large in a Maserati and living life as big as he did it.

Do you sleep in the nude? Classic.

Anyone seen the PA crying, ok a second later videos yet? I never minded PA before but have grown to not even be able to listen to him anymore.

Back to topic at hand, it was always a great drive home listening to Dark and Common every friday afternoon, gonna miss that.

Did many a late night hunting/fishing trip runs with that soothing voice as a companion. Never did get a full story on that guy though. Late night radio and handicapping generally don't equate to rolling large in a Maserati and living life as big as he did it.

Soothing voice? He had a voice made for newspaper!

When he would come on I usually turned the channel just because I could care less about golf, boxing, horse racing, and above all else, baseball.

Apparently he got a nice inheritance from his mother, hence the Maserati.

wow you guys are harsh about PA. I think it was Dark that got him into his Cantebury spot.

Reusse and Barrerio joined up friday evening to talk about Dark, Reusse said that most of Dark's $ came when his mother passed some years back.

not trying to start a joust about PA, seemed sincere in the clip I saw, but thats just my opinion, no disrespect to limit and all

Ya, smooth probably not the right word. Just something about the pace of the show or something that really helped click off the miles. His lifestyle was very extravagant even prior to his mothers passing. Doubt cco was comping all that...although that could help explain PA's facination with him.

His father was a businessman and his uncle(? can't remember what the article said) was a big shot at U.S. Steel. He rolled with the business types and had a diversified portfolio from the sound of things. Sure dark had his warts but I can remember tuning into him on long drives late at night when all you could pick up was 'CCO or listening to him tell interesting anecdotes with Common on KFAN the last couple years, love him or hate him the guy could tell a story.

Very fitting that Sid's column today basically says Dark was a great guy because Sid got free meals out of him.

With all the stories the past few days, I again ask where did all the $ come from. Always picking up the check for large groups at restaraunts, donating generously at charity events, jetting around the country for events...etc. Champions Club tickets are $20k+ per seat. Pretty sure he had courtsides at Target Center also. LUCKY as meatsauce would say.

And see my post after that. The timing doesn't work. He was experiencing things in his 20's that required more than a hundred dollar bill in his pocket to get him in those situations.

Very fitting that Sid's column today basically says Dark was a great guy because Sid got free meals out of him.

With all the stories the past few days, I again ask where did all the $ come from. Always picking up the check for large groups at restaraunts, donating generously at charity events, jetting around the country for events...etc. Champions Club tickets are $20k+ per seat. Pretty sure he had courtsides at Target Center also. LUCKY as meatsauce would say.

If I worked at the horse track and a radio station for over 25 years and had no kids and lived in an apartment I would be rolling around with my pockets full of cash too.

If I worked at the horse track and a radio station for over 25 years and had no kids and lived in an apartment I would be rolling around with my pockets full of cash too.

Amen.

I really enjoyed Dark. Take his words for truth and/or talk; entertainment. Yes!

And see my post after that. The timing doesn't work. He was experiencing things in his 20's that required more than a hundred dollar bill in his pocket to get him in those situations.

Seriously, who cares? Let it go.

RIP Dark.