• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RIP Adam Yauch

LMITOUT

And now I'd like to pass the mic to the A

So what's your name, Yauch? My name is M.C.A.

I've been coming to where I am, from the get go

Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go

So put your worries on hold

Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

RIP, MCA!

i was like 12 when liscensed to ill came out. i bought paul's boutique not really sure if it was really the beastie boys or not. check your head was huge when i graduated from high school. ill communication was big in college. it seems like those 4 albums can be tied to a great memory of my youth. been really enjoying the MTV/VH1 specialls this weekend. this is one celebrity death that i actually care about.

born and bred in brooklyn USA

they call me Adam Yauch but i'm MCA

RIP MCA.

Paul's Boutique was a life changing tape (yes tape) for lots of people. If I had to pick 1 song/video, it would have to be this one, off Ill Communication. Gets me pumped anytime and anywhere:

Pauls Botique is a masterpiece (I had the tape as well). If you dont have it already, pick up the DVD: Criterion Collection Beastie Boys Anthology. The coolest DVD I have ever bought, for example you can watch the whole video of So Whacha Want from one camera angle and flip through the remixes so it's sort of like you create your own video. Lots of different options, well worth the $$ if you are a big beastie boys fan.

A true pioneer indeed. They blended punk, rock, and rap, and crossed the black\white border. That throaty delivery was the high point of a lot of their songs. A good humanitarian as well. He will be missed.

At the end of music class in middle school the teacher would allow us to bring in something to share with the class. Back then it was all about choosing between the Beastie Boys and Run DMC. Both were blurring the lines of rock/rap and other genres. M.C.A was a visionary in his field and forever changed the direction of music for better or worse. He's got a place in world history and that should make anyone sleep well.