• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nascar Dead

Juneau4

Watching the Nation Wide series from Richmond. Look at the crowd (what crowd) I've seen just as many at Jackson on a good Sat. night. How long is it going to be before NASCAR won't be on TV. The sport is dying or it looks like it's in Hospice. 10 years ago you couldn't hardly get a ticket for a race and now they can't get anyone to show up. What happened?

I tell ya, I used to go to a lot of races, throughout the country. The races went from being fun and exciting to go to and watch, to watching a bunch of cars go around in a circle. Even the pre race events, and pit passes arent exciting. I can get free tickets anytime I want, and very good tickets, with pit passes to races that only allow the media. I really have no interest in going at all.

In my opinion, Nascar was seriously injured due to a crash on February 18th 2001!

That and this dumb new car. Sr was NASCAR whether people liked it or not. They watched simply because he was racing.

4wandering eyes is not kidding about the free tickets either as I can vouch for that.

In my opinion, Nascar was seriously injured due to a crash on February 18th 2001!

What he said.

I used to be a big fan and now I can't stand it. A bunch of cars playing follow the leader and very little racing.

Back in the day, Nascar drivers were the best stock car drivers in the nation. Now they're a bunch of pretty boys (and girls) that are put in a car to get sponsor money for the team and Nascar.

Go to Cedar Lake or Deer Creek. Watch the late models and the USMTS fellas and you'll see some good racing.

Back in the day, Nascar drivers were the best stock car drivers in the nation. Now they're a bunch of pretty boys (and girls) that are put in a car to get sponsor money for the team and Nascar.

The big "E" died 11 years ago and he wouldn't be in a car today. The drivers that created controversy as he did now get fired or are told by someone to behave so they have sponsers and the racing has changed.

Busch Bros. and Keseloswki- they created some excitement and talked some smack. Know all you have are those with mother hood and apple pie and praising their sponsors. Then when they drive for someone else the names change.

I agree Lmitout, that plastic pop bottle caution was a joke. Just a way for NASCAR to get a better ending to the race with a restart. The restarts were the only laps that really were exciting at all.

It's very bad for the fans when the short tracks get boring and nothing to really watch. Short tracks are getting as boring as the ssw's. At least the super speedways have a bit of an exciting ending. Next weeks race should hopefully be much better.

Get rid of these COT cars and go back to a car of old and just a bit safer.

I totally agree with Eric, want an exciting race, hit the dirt tracks. Action all the time.

I'm with you guys. Another phantom caution to bunch them up and try to get a more exciting finish. What a load, I guess Edwards must have po'd the Nascar brass somehow to get blackflagged for Stewart spinning his tires. I personally, could do without Mikey Headtrips announcing as well.

Tunrevir~

MIckey and the ol man I could do without.

I believe the reason for the caution was Eddy started before he should have. Eddy's crewchief said he was in the lead but the officials said Tony. Either way it really does not matter as Edwards started before he was suppose to or NASCAR guy on TV was wrong. I do not know.

It caused controversy and NASCAR likes that.

NASCAR sucks at what they are doing now. There was a time when NASCAR was good.

I do know that since Sr died, things have slowed for NASCAR but I guess when a superstar leaves any sport, it will hurt.

You may agree Eric that dirt racing is way better than any asphalt racing for action and to watch.

IMHO they got too corporate. In the past they were a bunch of good old boys and the series was run by good old boys who's hearts were into racing.

At some point they pretty much sold their souls to corporate sponsorship and conformity over the rebel spirit that built the sport. I guess maybe they thought it was going to be interesting to watch a bunch of Yes men driving around single file in one big moving billboard but it isn't to me.