• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New AIS law

harvey lee

You're absolutely right. This isn't the border. You should probably tell that to your power hungry DNR buddies in St. Paul. Border search authority does not exsist at the state level. Since these are just "young people hired to check the boat and trailer" can I just deny them access to my boat/trailer and drive off or will they notify local, county or state LE to track me down?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sticker deal is up in the air right now. waiting for the governor to sign the bill. if he does sign the bill, according to what i was told today, no stickers will be required until 2015 after taking a online test. so wait a couple of days and see what happens. i know they canceled printing of anymore stickers assuming the gov will sign the bill. good luck.

43.29 Sec. 38. TRANSFER.

43.30In fiscal year 2013, the commissioner of management and budget shall transfer

43.31$500,000 from the game and fish fund to the invasive species account created in Minnesota

43.32Statutes, section 84D.15. This is in addition to the transfer specified in Minnesota Statutes,

43.33section 84D.15, subdivision 2.

44.1 Sec. 39. APPROPRIATION.

44.2$1,000,000 in fiscal year 2013 from the invasive species account is added to

44.3the appropriation in Laws 2011, First Special Session chapter 2, article 1, section 4,

44.4subdivision 3, for invasive species activities. This is a onetime appropriation.

It's not my job as a citizen to save time for state inspectors. I don't feel obligated whatsoever to make me and my regulations knowledge clearly identifiable to the DNR so that their revenue generating AIS enforcement efforts can be more efficient.s.

It is your job to follow the law, if the law is to apply the sticker then apply it or pay the fine no big deal.

If you do not like a law take it up with those who wrote it and do not waste the time of those who enforce the law.

i talked to one of the guy's in charge of this yesterday and he told me there where "changes made" [the sticker deal for one] so i dont know if the budgeting was changed as well. he told me that zero funds will be taken from the game and fish fund. i'll see if i can get a hold of him today again for clarification. he did say he was in the dark on some of the changes and he's waiting for the final bill so they can post it. good luck.

Wow Scott, you are passionate in your opinions against the DNR AIS programs. I can appreciate that. But, yesterday the sun came out and wind went down so I went to the lake. First thing I did was put the sticker in the corner of my transom. Guess what, my motor started, my boat still floats and the Crappies were swirling in the bay and I caught a few. So far no harm from a sticker. I actually felt proud of the sticker because I want to be part of a solution, and unfortunately money and education are where we have to start. I am certainly talking to my buddies about it. Your statement that it well spread anyway is scary to me. Like a terrible disease, we try to slow it until better solutions are found. Also, you earlier took a shot at lakeshore owners that want to close "their" lakes. I have met no one with this attitude and it is the lake shore associations that pay fees and raise money to stock waldos, not to mention property taxes, that you are teeing off on. The sticker is good.

Mn fish guy thanks for your response on page 12.

I think this is a real problem. If they want me to put a stupid sticker on I will. I have been taught to always drain my boat anyway not a big deal.

Quote:
I actually felt proud of the sticker because I want to be part of a solution, and unfortunately money and education are where we have to start. I am certainly talking to my buddies about it.

I'm curious. In what way did putting that sticker on your boat change this for you. Removal of AIS has been in the handbook for years. The DNR has had people on selected launches to educate and apply a sticker to their trailer for years. Brother-in-law got one four years ago on Island Lake and I got one at least that long ago on Osakis. Anyone that doesn't know about this threat by now or doesn't do their part doesn't care enough that a sticker will matter.

Quote:
or just is not aware

That's a nice excuse to play ignorant. The handbook has been mentioning it for years. There are billboards along highways that have been up for years. Removing aquatic vegetation from our boats and trailers has been a law for years. Unaware? No, uncaring is more appropriate.

Well this one ain't even close to the 20 Inch Box Fan shocked

Amazingly enough, stickers played a significant role in that thread too crazy

those darn decals must just bring out some primal response in us outdoor-recreationalists laugh

The 20 inch box fan thred is going to be hard to beat. My bet is that the sticker debate will die off and then show up again in 2014 when someone gets a ticket for not having one, and then claim they didn't know they needed one.

And what about the DNR wasting my time on this liberal AIS nonsense. At least the inspectors are getting paid to waste all of our time. Looking at The DNRs fishing regulations book over the past few years with more and more pages of infested lakes one can only come to the conclusion that their AIS program has largely been a failure. Our leaders seem to think that the solutions to anyone of our failed government programs is always more government. If having one mandated sticker fails than surely 6-7 will do the trick right? Go ahead and completely cover your boat in stickers this summer. Take extra measures just to show the state that you are their obedient servant.

Well this one ain't even close to the 20 Inch Box Fan shocked

Amazingly enough, stickers played a significant role in that thread too crazy

those darn decals must just bring out some primal response in us outdoor-recreationalists laugh

laugh

Thanks for the laugh!!!!

And what about the DNR wasting my time on this liberal AIS nonsense. At least the inspectors are getting paid to waste all of our time. Looking at The DNRs fishing regulations book over the past few years with more and more pages of infested lakes one can only come to the conclusion that their AIS program has largely been a failure. Our leaders seem to think that the solutions to anyone of our failed government programs is always more government. If having one mandated sticker fails than surely 6-7 will do the trick right? Go ahead and completely cover your boat in stickers this summer. Take extra measures just to show the state that you are their obedient servant.

exactly....if u have an issue take it up @ DNR or Legislative offices, nothing you say or do at the landings, roadside checks, or other with change anything, those are only doing what they are instructed & told to do.