• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NHL playoffs

cbrooks

What are the chances any Wild fans are pulling for the Rangers since there's a former Wild player(Gaborik) playing? grin

I personally want the Caps in that one.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did anyone see LA and Phoenix coming? Can't cheer for any NY teams so I guess Caps win by default. I didn't see NJ doing much this year either but if they win one more game we pick up an extra 3rd rounder.

This is kind of way off topic but I figured I would post it here since its kind of NHL related. The "other" tournament (Word Hockey Championships) is being played right now. The big countries have mostly NHL players so the competition is pretty good but no where near Olympic levels. Anyway it should be noted that a pretty ok USA team beat a more talented Canada 5-4 a few days back. Go usa!

Also Grandlund (top Wild Prospect) has assisted on Finlands only two goals in two games played so far. This tournament skyrocketed his status last year when he put up 9 points in 9 games against some pretty good competition. Including this beauty against Russia in the semi's. Finland won Gold last year.

Sadly I have not been watching much of the NHL playoffs this year. Just really busy right now.

Question for the Rubes though. What effect with NJ getting into the finals have on Zach Parise's situation? Will they still let him walk in free agency? Lots of talk before about the Wild making a push, any more recent discussion in this area?

Sadly I have not been watching much of the NHL playoffs this year. Just really busy right now.

Question for the Rubes though. What effect with NJ getting into the finals have on Zach Parise's situation? Will they still let him walk in free agency? Lots of talk before about the Wild making a push, any more recent discussion in this area?

Same boat as you, haven't watched much of the playoffs this year. I haven't heard anything new on Parise. I think we will just have to wait it out and see. This is pure speculation on my part but a strong push to the finals might have him thinking about sticking around NJ. Maybe he already knows what he is going to do and is just going to let things play out this summer. This might be a long shot but if he wins a titles he might be ready to come home. I think he will text the free agent market and listen to a few offers so we should have a chance to make our pitch.

It sounds like the Redwings will make a push to get Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. They have the dollars to do it too. I hope he reigns with the Devils but I don't see the Wild doing it.

I was thinking the same thing on Parise. NJ has more cap space than the Red Wings so they will probably have a good chance of resigning him now.

Detroit has to make a D-man their priority if Lidstrom is done. Suter and Parise will probably command 8M/year which would only leave Detroit 4M to fill out their roster. Seems like it might be tough to do.

It's sad that both NJ and Detroit have more cap space than the Wild. THANK YOU DR!!!!

We will be ok Archerystud, lots of $$$ coming off the books after next season too so we have some flexability. If we can even land 1 big fish I will be super happy. That might not happen but a boy can dream right.

Nice link with our Cap situation in table form over the next few years. Looks like we have almost $19 mil in cap space for next season. BTW, there are STILL 2 years left on Mark Parrish's buyout. What I wouldn't give to be that guy.

Cap Geek link thingy

Detroit and New Jersey both have $21 or 22 million cap space. But Parise and Lidstrom are both UFA's, both currently making $6M+, so they should have less money to offer than we do. I guess we hope Parise wins the Cup and then wants to move home.

I know we will be okay moving forward. It just seems sad that we couldn't make the playoffs and still don't have as good of a cap situation. Will be nice to get PBM and GL off the books and spend that money on something which can stay on the ice. Would be nice to lower the goalie hit a little bit when Back is done as well.

So I'm guessing Parish just has to play in the minors or something to make that money. Must be nice indeed!

Remember the years when we spent to the cap and still stunk up the ice?

I still kind of dream of Lats staying healthy and scoring goals for us again. Bouchard is just damaged goods, really too bad because when he is on he was good.

Parrish doesn't have to play at all. I believe he gets the money no matter what he does or where he plays.

To avoid feeling guilty, he probably plays pick up games on outdoor rinks with 9 year olds. In the off season he could play one of these. I mean you gotta support your family and make a decent living.

full-5554-20466-5efd2fcc.jpg

Right now I think the Kings look really tough to beat which is good. I don't want to see Gabby win a cup and if Parise wins one he might be more inclined to stay at NJ. Although just making the conference finals probably gives NJ a better chance to keep him.

I would rather see the Devils win it. Maybe then Parise won't be as inclined to try go get with a cup contender next year, which we won't be. Also, Tortorella bugs me.

I'm torn with the Kings. It's LA, but then again, the other choice is Phoenix. The teams still in it are making it hard for me to watch.

Tortorella(Rangers coach) is a hot head. I don't like him either. Devils got the win last night. its 1-1 series. Go Devils but if I had money it would be on the Rangers. BC alum Kris Krieder is looking good since going pro a month ago. I think he had one of the three stars for the game in there loss.

Also, Tortorella bugs me.

Me too. They also have Gabby and it's NY so of all the teams left I don't want them to win the most. NJ has had a couple cups recently so I really don't want them to win either.

LA just looks like they can man handle anyone right now. I do think they are the team to beat. However, most of these games are one goal games so anyone can win it all.

Tortorella needs to grow up a little bit. The post game press talk behavior is just childish. I understand he's passionate about the game but have some decency. I remember doing the same thing during the 04' playoffs with the lightning.

I also think LA is looking pretty unstoppable right now. I have a hard time rooting for any of the teams at this point but I think LA is the team to beat.

"Tortorella needs to grow up a little bit."

I 100% agree with this.

Also, I think Phoenix is an overall dirty team. I've got no problem with player who play physically, but some of the carp they pull is a shame. Pretty much that and being an 8th seed are why I would pull for LA.

Tortella is a little fuct sh!t bastard. Who does he think he is waving his finger at the Devils coach during tonights game. I can't wait to hear is press conference statement after this game. Gawd I hate the Rangers

Yeah Parise is great but I don't think the Wild land him either. I think the Wild will land one/two higher end FA and then build with them and the new young guns coming up. I see them getting 1 or 2 $4-5M/year players and then filling out the rest of the roster.

At least the future is looking brighter unlike it did in the past. Gotta get Granlund signed before June 1 but it sounds like they are close.