• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ruger SR22 Pistol

Another one to look at is the Beretta neos. I have the long barrel I think it's 7" and it's extremely accurate. I even plink at clays at 100 yards and can hit enough or really close to keep me playing. The only thing that I dislike about it is the safety location it can be bumped and taken off easy. Oh and it has a really nice trigger which is more then I can say for a lot of the others on the market. 2c

Thanks for the info guys. I am more or less looking for a plinker. I may want to take it with if I start trapping next fall but I have a 22 rifle I can take along. I will have to look at the Guns and Ammo article and take a look at the Beretta Neos as well.

I have the sig mosquito and i need to use cci mini mags or it will jam every time. Even with the mini mags, i will get one jam with every other magazine emptied. Not very impressed with this as a plinker, I would stay away from it.

Ruger has really been putting out some great autos lately in the SR line. I doubt the SR22 would be any different, but when talking Ruger 22's, it is really hard not to consider the Mark III line. Excellent plinkers and very reliable.

Another option in that price range is the Browning Buckmark. I have a Sig P220 with the .22 cal conversion barrel, which is a full size auto that originally came out in .45 cal. So if you buy the gun with the .22 barrel, you have the option of converting it to .45. Was looking at the Sig Mosquito, but was steered onto the P220 by a knowledgable dealer. What I like best about the P220 is the ease of disassembly for cleaning. I believe they can be had for $300-$400 as well.

I owned a SIG Mosquito for about 6 months and loved it. The key to that gun though is to have good quality ammo. With the inexpensive rounds i would have an ocassional mis fire or jam. I traded that gun off last week for a Ruger LCP because I can get more use out of that gun since I wanted a nice gun to conceal without being noticed. The Mosquito definitely was not the gun to fit that ticket. Like I said though it really was a decent gun.

If I were going to get an auto .22 LR pistol besides the two Rugers I mentioned, I would probably go with a Browning Buckmark.

Another vote for the Buckmark! They really run nice, rare to have a mis-feed and a number of model's available. This happens to be mine, with a red dot mounted on it. Still one of my favorites to shoot along with my MP-22. smile

847722141_EHs2C-XL.jpg