• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which verizon lte phone?

DTro

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

droid_razr_maxx.jpg

DROID RAZR MAXX is designed for customers who spend their days and nights multi-tasking. This smartphone is a marathon runner with enough endurance to let customers talk on the phone for more than 21 hours straight on a single charge. It's the longest-lasting smartphone on the block, and at just 8.99 mm, the device is still impossibly thin. The DROID RAZR MAXX comes equipped with 32 GB of total memory and will be $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.

Oh, and the RAZR is now available in purple. Skol Vikings! grin

Well that's pretty cool!

Released "in coming weeks". I hate that mad

Why do all the reports say it will be $100 more than regular Razr at $199 yet everywhere I look the regular is $299?

Just saw a guy from Sony on CNBC. They are just announcing several spiffy new products, including a folding tablet and a new very thin smartphone. They got divorced from Ericson a while back. Might be worth looking at.

I'm lovin the LTE more and more everyday! Here's todays test, it looks like they sped up the tower by my house, last week I was maxing out at 7mbps download speeds. It has been a noticable difference the last couple days.

full-26275-16270-screenshot_2012_01_13_1

Official release for Razr Maxx is 1/26.

I might wait for this one...

Wife and I picked up Razrs two weeks ago and they are awesome. Fast, no data issues.

I'll have to look into the Maxx a little closer while we are still in our return period.

The Razr is running a 1Ghz chip overclocked from the factory at 1.2Ghz with 32GB memory.

I wonder if it's a different chip on the Maxx. If so, I might think about trading up.

For what it's worth, Cost Co has a 90 day return policy on all phones. And their phones usually come with a bundle bonus. The Razrs came with a docking station, back up power supply/charger, and an hdmi cord.

Plus the phone was on sale the day we picked them up. All that would have cost us $150 more per phone at a verizon store. We checked just to make sure.

Renewal. We stopped by a VZ store on the way to C/C and priced the phones with the bonus packs. VZ charges an extra $100 for the bonus pack. We happened to hit a special C/C 4 day sale on the Razr. I wasn't expecting that. It just worked out that way.

I should spell out the reasoning behind chosing the Razr.

I wanted a phone first, then a mini-tablet that would also replace my mp3 player.

Bionic was out, older, has numerous reports of dropped data issues that are not being resolved.

Nexus, I wanted a phone first. There were reports of bad call quality, dropped calls when out of the metro. I want my phone to work in the sticks. That is why I'm with VZ. Without that I might as well sign up with one of the T's.

Too bad too, because I was looking forward to a streamlined less bloatware phone designed for ICS.

Rezound was out because of the sound. I am streaming my home music server (PC) to my phone. Currently using AudioGalaxy to stream. Ditched a separate MP3 player.

I don't think Ray Charles, Monk, and Nirvana should all sound like Eminem and LMFAO. They should play back the way they were recorded. Everything should not sound like club music.

I also have better headphones than what come with the Rezound so that wasn't a plus. Something else to throw away.

The Razr scores faster than the Rezound in benchmark speed tests.

So I chose the Razr.

My only complaint may not even be related to the phone. When streaming in 4G mode my headphone amp picks up major distortion off the phone. This does not occur in 3G mode. I have isolated it to interference between the two devices.

It may be grounds to upgrade my headphone amp. Might as well get new cans too. Don't tell my wife. whistle

That's probably true.

See the next note about it scoring lower on benchmark test.

I attributed the lower score to the higher resolution screen eating up extra cpu cycles. Since I wasn't interested in HD video on a 4" screen I didn't really care about the Rezounds better screen.

Others may prefer it.

The best news I just learned is ICS is supposed to support audio out of it's USB port as a standard option. I may be shopping for a new headphone amp with built in DAC.

Score 1 for the Nexus because it should have that ability already while I will have to wait a few months.

The best news I just learned is ICS is supposed to support audio out of it's USB port as a standard option. I may be shopping for a new headphone amp with built in DAC.

Score 1 for the Nexus because it should have that ability already while I will have to wait a few months.

This is the first I have heard this. How would I test this?

I don't know how it will work since I don't have it on the Razr.

You would need a usb cable and an external DAC of some sort. Many higher end CD players have this option or if you have an external DAC for your home stereo.

I don't know how you make them talk though.

On another note.

I just found out Motocast that came preloaded on the Razr should also stream music like AudioGalaxy. I will have to look into it some more. Maybe it already has the option to output through the usb.

Doesn't matter though. I won't be making any more purchases for another month or so. My credit card is bleeding this month. crazy