• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Success in North Dakota!!

lungdeflator

Well most of you have probably seen some daily updates of my ND bowhunt this past week. My last day of hunting out there turned out great! Dec 21st I was set up on the edge of a wheat field that had been turned over and had little green sprouts in it. The deer had been feeding heavily on it, but the last couple nights nothing came close enough for me. I saw 3 different yearling bucks before 445pm and alot of does/fawns. Right around that 445 the wind swirled or something and a doe picked up a scent she didnt like. All the deer on the field moved down the edge about 150 yards. I thought my night and season was over. Right at 500pm 4 deer popped out into the field. They started coming right at me. The lead was a doe and right behind her was a nice buck. They got within 30 yards and when I stopped him he turned towards me offering a hard quartering to shot. I blew a muzzy through his shoulder catching a little bit of lung and alot of liver. Because of the angle from up in the stand there wasnt much blood, but after 250-300 yards of tracking I found him piled up on the edge of a field. Last minute, last day ND success! Typical 9pt and one of the biggest bucks I have shot with my bow. full-26771-15322-ndbuck2011_1.jpg

full-26771-15323-ndbuck2011_3.jpg