• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sioux vs. Gophers

&JAG

Ok guys, lets get our friday and saturday nights picks in!

The Sioux are bound for good things so I'm going to say a straight sweep!! I just see the Gophers getting hit off the puck quite a bit in this series and UND FINALLY being able to put the puck in the net.

Gophs win 5 to 2 Friday night.

Gophs win 3 to 0 Saturday night.

3 pp goals on the wekend.

Bjugstedt 2 goals. Rau 1 goal, haula 2, condon, ambroz and hansen 1 each.

Friday is gonna be a good game. Lots of action maybe an open netter.

Saturday will be settled down.

My favorite non-Duluth series of the year. Always interesting action to see. I like the narrower ice of the Ralph, but these guys will still mix it up with each other in Minneapolis.

Sioux win Friday 4-3 with good goaltending and penalty kill. There will be 20 penalty minutes within the first 30 minutes of play (Helgeson has 4, insert Sioux player to mix it up with him with 4 also).

Gophers win easily Saturday 6-2.

4-1 Sioux friday and 3-3 kiss yor sis Saturday. I'm just not convinced at all at this point that we have really turned the corner and are a legitimate force again.

Go Gophs~

Sandbagger . . . grin

Gophs win 5-1 Friday (Gophs ahead 3-0 after 1st period) and 3-3 Tie Saturday. I would be pleasantly surprised with a split.

I turned on the TV to see the melee in front of Patterson and watched the rest of the game from there on out.

I thought the gophers start this year was kind of a fluke but they looked pretty good tonight. The Soiux had a few extra penalty minutes that I don't think they earned but overall they got outplayed by a team that looked much better than them.

Fire Lucia??????

It looks like he finally has a team that isn't a bunch of sissies and cake eaters. Could be an interesting year now that the gophers look like they might be back to being a legitimate contender.

I still think the Sioux are going to win tomorrow night though.

]Brooks, get a real prediction in there. Just cause you live up where people hunt and fish all day rather then type on these forums doesnt mean you can short us with a mere split prediction.

Alright. The Sioux are gonna beat the RODENTS 6-0 tomorrow smile and Kevin Gorg is a fruit cake grin

First gophers game I have been able to watch this year.I sure hope Rau stays for 4 years. Patterson looks quick and very focused. 17 sophamores and freshmen could be very good next year if they all stay.

I think Ambros is trying to play his way out of the line up by taking stupid penalties.

The Goophs are good this year, but it is early and they have imploded many times in January the last few years.

Great series to watch. The refs didn't blow too many calls either way and the goals were all earned. Both goalies played fantastic. Lots of fun even though the better team lost whistle

I think Guentzel has made a positive differance already. The D look good, PP and Pk looked good. I think the players believe and have worked very hard in the off season.

Good weekend, the only thing I don;t like is the cheap sh!t after every whistle. But I guess thats what makes it an intense rivalry.

Sconi next!

A couple of teams that have a lot of room to improve. The Gophs could be the worst I have ever seen for moving the puck tape to tape. They are fast and were definitly the better team. The Sioux are pretty terrible on defense. If the gophs werent offsides half the time they would have had 15 2 on 0s.

Blood is a goan. Tons of cheapshots that you would only see if you were at the game. Including trying to close line people after the game was over durring the celebrating.

I was not impressed with Grimaldi at all. I assume he didnt play friday, never noticed. He had maybe 2 good shifts saturday. I assume he is still hurt. Also, that kid isnt going to last long waving at the crowd after scoring and holding his hand to his ear.

I agree, I told my son on Friday before the game started to watch Blood because he is a hack. Just like Finley was. It is to bad Shep and Hunt won't call penalties on the [PoorWordUsage] after the whistle. They want to let them play but throwing punches and stick jabbing isn't playing.

I thought Rau had a great weekend for a freshman and a big series like this. I was glad he got the game winner.

Congratulation to the Gophers and there fans. I was only able to catch a little of the game Friday on some small screen in a small bar in rural North Dakota. Rau is a heck of a player. It will be fun to watch him the next few years except when he plays UND. UND has its work cut out for them this year but its early...

Fun weekend to be a gopher fan, nice to see the boys play with a little fire. Loving our forwards this year - Haula, Bjugstad, and Rau have been unbelievable this year. 5 or 6 other guys have been playing really well too, we seem to have 3 great lines and a very solid 4th line. Patterson, five shut outs in ten games, not much else to say there.