• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ARGHHHH, Knives

96trigger

I cannot for the life of me find my hunting knives. I have a Gerber 3 in one folding knife that has the saw and 3.5 inch blade, as well as a seperate gut hook. I also have a little Buck knife and another antique, probably $100 in knives missing.

I have cleaned my hunting office up and down twice. Took everything out the truck twice, looked through all my hunting tubs twice. Went through every jacket and vest twice. Cleaned out our mudroom and every cupboard in there as well as the laundry room, TWICE. Looked all over my shop where we butcher deer. I absolutely cannot find them. Used some Big C points to order a new 3 in one tonight. If anything, when that arrives, maybe I'll find the rest. Kind of sick about it. Loved the 3 in one for field dressing and the little one for skinning. They have to be around here somewhere, but I am at a loss. Can anyone think of something I am missing? This really blows my mind.

Truck? Hunting pack? like you said all your clothes, cupboards, any jeans or pants you wore scouting or working, any hunting trips you've taken suitcases, dishwasher, if you have gutted any deer or game i have lost them in the freezer with the meat in the freezer bags lol

When I was 12 I got "my knife" from my parents. It was a Gerber and was a great knife for gutting deer with. I guarded it with my life and never had a problem, until about 20 years later. Same as you, to start one season I just couldn't find it. I finally had ot break down and buy one. About five times since then I've either won one or gotten one for signing up for something. Now I've got half a dozen knives, including "my knife", which randomly showed up one night while I was looking for some camo.

Lost my lucky knife a couple years ago, went and bought another inferior knife. Found my lucky knife this year, and now can't find the replacement. Go figure. Not complaining though. smile

Buck 110 Folding Hunter, Dad bought it for me when I first started deer hunting.

I have asked my wife, she doesn't have any idea where they would be. She does have a tendency to put things away for me when I forget to put them away for an extended period of time. She of course always claims to have no knowledge of doing something like that.

I know they are all together somewhere, but where. I thought maybe I used them turkey hunting, but went through all my turkey hunting stuff, negative. Funny you would mention the freezer. I cleaned both refrigerators and looked in the freezer.

If I wasn't missing all three, I would just assume that they I left them in the woods, but I only ever take the Gerber in the woods with me, so the other two should still be around here. I have been racking my brain over this the last two days, almost to the point where I am obsessed.

Probably in a pack somewhere. That's how I found mine, it got buried in a duffel bag that I thought was empty. Turns out that the case for it was in the pocket of one of my coats shoved in the back of my hunting closet...

I hate when that happens. Search everywhere for something & 7 hours later you ask the wife if she knows... "oh yeah, it's down on the shelf in the basement" or "yeah, I put it in the drawer up stairs.". Leave my stuff alone - it's there for a reason! grin

It'll show up!

Ah yes, a problem I have all the time, "misplacing" things. Usually it's because I think I've found a great spot for something and then later I can't remember what the spot was. All I can say is to try your best to think of the last time you used it and work back from there. Like you said, they are probably both together so the good news is they should show up at some point.

I lost the hunting knife my dad gave me earlier this year but I have hopes of finding it. It fell out of my pack somehow as I crawled up into the stand. I heard it hit the ground but for the life of me I can't find it. Good news - I know it's there, bad news, it's hiding on me.

Kitchen drawers?, night stand?, ammo box (archery box maybe)? How bout with fishing stuff?

I would not be surprised if they are in the kitchen somewhere from cleaning them after butchering...something like that..

I would highly bet they are together somewhere...

Ahhh... Our favorite knives. The first thing I thought is perhaps you left it in the feild but three knives. Not likley. Stuffed in a truck cushion,loaned them out to someone? Any kids that might have taken them somewere?

I almost left mine behind a few weeks ago and like others I would be bummed if I did loose it. I am at the age of 45 and have had mine since I was 15 years old. I have been given knives as gifts and they always tell me I can use them for hunting. I feel bad when I tell them I have my favorite one that will go with me as long as I have it. I just stick the other ones in a board in the man cave. If you have been to Ted Nugents museum in Michigan you would have seen were I got that idea. Plenty stuck in a board that runs accross his wall behind his desk chair.

Good luck on your search Trigger and if you don't find them, break in the new one on a big buck for all us here.

About two years ago my buddy and I were loading up our sleds at about 3:00 am to head up for some ice fishing that day and I had lost my big black 3 battery Mag light. One day a year late when I stopped over he came out with my flash light and asked me if it was mine and how it ended up under his wifes side of the bed! mad I'm like Um? blush Maybe you should buy her something else to play with! whistle Yes we're still good hunting and fishing friends. grin

I would really like to blame my wife for this, but if she did something with them, it was only because I was delayed in putting them away, so in reality it is my fault. I went online and did a google search for finding missing items, wow, there is some very interesting (bizarre) stuff out there. I can't help but feeling that there is someplace, some bag, some jacket, somthing that I am missing. When I find out what that is, I'll find my knives, until then, I am really scratching my head.

I have since, checked all my fishing gear, my tool boxes, and the truck a 3rd time. Nothing yet.

I would really like to blame my wife for this, but if she did something with them, it was only because I was delayed in putting them away, so in reality it is my fault. I went online and did a google search for finding missing items, wow, there is some very interesting (bizarre) stuff out there. I can't help but feeling that there is someplace, some bag, some jacket, somthing that I am missing. When I find out what that is, I'll find my knives, until then, I am really scratching my head.

I have since, checked all my fishing gear, my tool boxes, and the truck a 3rd time. Nothing yet.

Maybe check under your buddies wives side of the bed? That's where my Mag light showed up! laugh

Is there something that you always, always take hunting with you (like your boots or a shooting bag or something) that you haven't looked in yet because it couldn't possibly be there? I'm just thinking that you maybe thought, "If I put them here, there's no way I can forget them when I go hunting."

Did you accidentally send them home with a hunting partner? (Or his wife, like leech~~?)

The question you are asking is exactly what I keep asking myself. What am I missing. I just assumed they were in my hunting tub with everything else, but they weren't. I have checked very pair of hunting boots that I own to see if maybe I put them in there, NADA.

Look on your work bench in the garage or the couch right by it where you put guns & hunting clothes when you're in a hurry. Those two places are where 90% of the stuff I misplace shows up.

Of course then again they could be with my SD card & card reader that I know I put in a safe place before sending my camera back to Moultrie. I'm yet to find them. Bought a new card for the new camera.