• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walking Dead

JBMasterAngler

Based on what Negan said before killing Person X we can rule out Carl and Rick.

Negan: "Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy’s other eye out and feed it to his father."

Now that's how a season premiere is supposed to go! When Abraham got the bat, I was all set up for disappointment, and then, BAM! Now that Glenn is dead, my wife will be boycotting the show until next episode. The end scene with everyone outside sitting at the table was a nice touch. They should have an episode dedicated to Negan. Tell his story from start of the apocalypse, right up to when he bashes in Glenn's skull. My biggest fear now, is, that the next few episodes are going to be slow and uneventful. But as far as last night goes, job well done!

Well, was definitely the slow, boring episode I expected it to be. However, they did a good job of explaining Ezekiel and his tiger. When I had seen that in the season preview, I thought it was more phony than the zombie apocalypse itself! Feeding walkers to the pigs, then giving them to Negan's group...is this the first wave of chemical warfare in the new world?

Funny thing is, I can't stop watching it. I've invested too much time into the show to quit now. My biggest issue with the episode was the fact they are trying to build a story around an insignificant character. They tried it with Sasha and it didn't work, as well as a couple other past characters.

The first two seasons of TWD were, IMO, all-time great television. It went downhill pretty quickly after that, though. So much of the tension has gone out of the show as it has devolved into a soap opera with occasional zombies. I still check in once in a while, but it just doesn't work for me anymore.

20 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Funny thing is, I can't stop watching it. I've invested too much time into the show to quit now. My biggest issue with the episode was the fact they are trying to build a story around an insignificant character. They tried it with Sasha and it didn't work, as well as a couple other past characters.

I finally got caught back up last night after missing a couple weeks, and I have to agree. I am far too invested to bail now, and I am still often entertained, but this past week was the arguably the worst hour of TV I've ever suffered through. I'll be perfectly honest...I forgot all about Tara and what's his name. Thought they were dead, actually--show's how much I cared about their story in the first place. Now they are asking us to get emotionally involved again. I-JUST-DON'T-CARE because I wasn't emotionally invested in either character the first time around. Terrible, terrible story telling from a show that has been so good in the past. And now there are two episodes left this fall... Where's the tension? What is the story arc? I agree with Eyeguy that they don't have to have a zombie massacre every week, and it can be more about the story and still satisfy viewers--but where is the story??? That was just force-fed drivel. My two cents.

I thought this show "jumped the shark" after the magic tornado episode, but it's hit an all time low for me. Yet, like a prisoner, I feel chained to the story to see where it goes from here (if anywhere). Two episodes left this fall... Normally that would be a bummer, but I think it might be a relief this time around.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:36 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

I am entertained that people watch stuff they dont enjoy.  lol ;)

If you're friend becomes a drug addict, you don't just cut and run...you stick around and hope they get better! :) 

While the finale was much better, it really served to show that the entire season was a bunch of filler... I have hope for a better second half since "the band is back together," so to speak. It has only "up" to go after the worst half season since "finding Sophia."

Remember when the mid season break was unbearable to wait through, and the countdown to the premiere was an event? Well it's been a couple years since I've felt that. Even my wife almost forgot the show was on lastnight! 

With all all that being said, it wasn't too bad of an episode. Nothing outrageous or over the top. Clothes lining the zombies on the highway was pretty creative.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, JBMasterAngler said:

Remember when the mid season break was unbearable to wait through, and the countdown to the premiere was an event? Well it's been a couple years since I've felt that. Even my wife almost forgot the show was on lastnight! 

With all all that being said, it wasn't too bad of an episode. Nothing outrageous or over the top. Clothes lining the zombies on the highway was pretty creative.

I agree. I wasn't exactly counting down to the midseason premiere, either, but it was a good, solid episode. I also really liked the clothes line scene--best action sequence in quite some time. I was impressed with the start overall and it's nice to see some sense of urgency and not just Rick moping around licking wounds.

Last night was...okay. Nothing stood out as bad, but it wasn't mind-blowingly good either. I am still reserving judgment for how this season ends, but half two is off to a pretty good start. I just hope they don't go off on a side character episode and kill the momentum they have going...

Edited by pikestabber

I felt like this half-season was off to a pretty good start, actually, considering my growing disdain over the past few seasons... I didn't even mind the slow down episode with Eugene. But last week... Ugh...

Hello, Disappointment. I've been expecting you.

Too much to tear apart in one thread, but these "happy accidents" are getting beyond ridiculous. In a world where Negan owns everyone, and tons of groups are out scavenging the hillside for ANY speck of loot, what DO you suppose the odds are of finding crates of MREs in a high school along with 63 military grade guns laying around the yard, all because you stopped to chase a deer into the woods? Maybe about as good as the odds of Spencer going into a patch of woods totally randomly last year and finding a deer hunter with a note in his pocket, in Latin, with the coordinates of a warehouse full of goodies...and it just so happens that Spencer knows Latin? Remember that little gem?

I swear, they bring in a guest 8 year old to pen scripts now again.:)

1 hour ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Another episode where we're force fed Sasha and Rosita's relevancy :sick: in all honesty, at this point, if every female character died in the next episode, I wouldn't miss them! I like Eugene as a bad guy now.

It seems Eugene is the only character in this show that has stayed consistent. He's smart, he's a coward, he's resourceful, and he will do anything for self-preservation. We are seeing that again now, as we did before. He doesn't care what side he's on so long as it keeps him alive. As for everyone else... Meh. I really don't even have a rooting interest anymore. Kind of hoping the Walkers take everyone out at this point.