• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WILD HOCKEY!

OnAFly

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched last nights game as well and Backs was awesome.

Like Solbes said, a great goalie controversy to have.

It is more than the goalies playing well. The whole team is playing well and supporting each other. They look great, they are winning faceoffs and moving the puck up the ice without slapping it out to the other team.

What about all these young defenseman we now have? Scandella, Spurgeon, Prosser, and Falk. I've been fairly impressed with all of them given their level of NHL experience. Granted some dumb plays too, but that can't really be avoided.

Was being in Yeo's system for most of last year an advantage for these guys? They seem to pinch at the right times and stay home at the right times.

When we get Zannon and Lundin back, we appear to have some choices. I like the competition.

Been in the woods a lot lately so I have kind of missed this whole winning streak but it is nice to hear the youngsters are playing well. Also very happy to see Harding make the comeback after his injury, I like Backstrom but not at 6M a year.

I totally agree Bear. I thought 6mil was too much when they signed him. It would be nice if he was making 3mil like he should and we had another 3mil forward.

I don't know what we can do with Zanon when he comes back. The young guys are our future and it only helps us to give them games. I like Zanon, but I think keeping the young guys on the ice is the right thing to do, especially when they are playing well.

I hope for Zanon's sake that he was playing injured at the beginning of the year because he looked terrible. He looked like he couldn't skate, so maybe his groin was hampering him since training camp. Falk, Scandella, and Prosser look great. It is fun to watch little Spurgeon get the job done. He always seems to come out of the big hits with the puck. Smart player that has learned to adapt to his small size.

Word is that he was.

Anyone else really annoyed that every game we play on the east coat starts at 9:30. I hope we end up in the Central Div next year.

I think you meant the west coast, but I know what you mean. Me and Jim Beam usually watch the late games. Kind of relaxing after everyone has gone to bed.

I was glad to see them win last night, it sure didn't start out very well. The 2 goals in 20 seconds to tie it really seemed to get them going. Backstrom had a lot of saves though to help pull it out.

We got one PP goal last night and the PP overall looked much better than before, but that didn't take much.

I thought we were done after the first. The way we played was pathetic. I was happy to see them pull it together in the next two periods.

Pretty exciting game last night. Only watched the first 2 periods but it sounds like we pulled it off. I wonder how Zidlickys feeling after that hit in the first? I don't think he came back on and it sounds like a concussion according to the radio this morning. We don't need any more injured veterans but I got to admit that Zid is probably the least of my worries right now.

That was an ugly win, but a win nonetheless. The wild looked like they were asleep at times in the 2nd. Backs was awesome and the game should have been decided by Schultz but he got absolutely robbed by a defensemans stick.

Jones left his feet when he hit Falk. Falk was right to go after the guy. I would have too, but I would have given him a chance in the fight as to not be the only one with a 5min fighting major laugh

What was Johnsons deal? That flying elbow at the end of the game was ridiculous. Is he that kind of player or did he just lose it for a moment? I hope Shanahan gives him a call.

I thought both of those plays should be suspendable offenses according to Shanny. Both targeted the head and neither player was playing the puck. The zebras also missed a couple other tripping calls I thought.

Oh well, its a win. 2nd in the west and 2nd or 3rd best record in NHL. Hope we keep it up.

I grew up in colorado and was strictly just an Avs fan until the Wild came into the league and they quickly became my 2nd favorite team just because of their Jersey!! I haven't call myself an Avs fan now for 3 years and it's because of how DIRTY they have become!! It's sickening I thought last year's Wild - Avs games they were bad, they were just blatanly dirty last night! I think when Joey retired (Sakic) they lost their !@#$ minds!!! GO WILD

That was an ugly win, but a win nonetheless.

Seem we have had a few of these this year. As good as our record is I don't feel that we are playing all that well, kind of squeeking out wins or getting a lucky bounch (last nights goal). Now you might read that two different ways, our big guns might start scoring and the team will improve or our strong start will fade.

I read an interesting article somwhere that both our goalies have unreal stats right now and there is no way they can keep that kind of pace all season long.

Certainly everyone out there has more confidence when your goalies are playing like they are. Although we won, I thought Colorado controlled the play for much of the game. We won't win many games playing like that.

Refs were really inconsistent last night. I had no idea what would be called and what wouldn't. GO WILD!!