• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lighted nocks?

tunrevir

I am sure many of you have shot them in the past. I got a deal on a couple Burt Coyote nocks and had to buy them up just out of curiosity. I'd like feedback on all of the lighted nocks you folks have used and why you feel they are best or worst or somwhere between. I have always gone sans lighted nocks but thought this might add some interest for the new year. I'll get out and shoot them a bit before I put them on a hunting arrow to see how they work for me. I also have made a few off the utube vid someone posted and they seem to work well. Any brands to try or stay away from? I welcome your feedback!

Tunrevir~

I use the Nockturnal nocks and like them. On the Lumenocks I didn't like that you had to pull it out of the arrow to turn it off. Nockturnals have a little switch that you slide up to turn them off. I have red and green but see the red much better. They will affect your point of impact so make sure you re-sight in. I could care less about getting a deer in the P&Y club so I decided to give them a try. Haven't seen one go through a deer but I know what they look like sailing over the back of one. whistle

I got my bear using the Nocturnal(green). It mad the recovery very easy. I was presented a quartering away shot and did not get a complete pass thru. My arrow was burried to the fletch and you could follow the trail of the bear thru the woods as he left the scene. We could see where the arrow fell out and walked right up on to the blood trail. I would have been a lot more difficult recovering the bear without the nocturnal nock because the exit wound was kind of high up on the front of his shoulder/briskit area. He was leaving a nice blood trail from the arrow to the final resting place.

Good Luck

Steve

nockturnals all the way. Tried lumenock with little to no success and tracers. Lumenocks more times than not did not stay lit after passing thru an animal. tracers worked but stop working after solid impact with ground or other objects. been shooting nockturnals for three months now and have yet to have one not work. We'll see after going thru an animal.

Haven't seen the nocturnals are they in stores? I tried Lumenocks about 5 years ago, maybe longer, watched it go through a doe lit up & then it shut off when it hit the ground. It was just at that time of day when I couldn't see the arrow on the ground, so I was worried it was stuck in the deer, which of course it wasn't.

I went right to the Doubletake Archery page and ordered them direct. Just looked at their dealer page and according to that, Gander Mountian, Scheels and Archery Country all stock and sell them in St Cloud. Also Parkers Prairie, Spicer and few other stores. I ordered the green ones, the video on their page didn't have blue ones, so I wasn't sure what they looked like. Green seem very bright.

Had a guy @the range tell me if you are just shooting 20 to 30 yds there is no need to re- site your bow as the difference is barely noticable. Is this the case for those of you who shoot with lighted nocks? I shoot 60 lbs and my bow is only rated at 290 fps ibo. May get a set of nocturnals if it wont be much resighting involved.