• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Celebrity Roasts

titelines

Just a random thought I had this AM, thought I'd toss it out there.

I have caught bits and pieces of some recent celebrity roasts, and find myself turning the channel without laughing much at all.

I'm not a prude by any means, but it just seems to me that the "regulars" that do the roasts now just get up and try to be a lewd and crude as possible, going after the lowest common denominator joke possible. There's also an element of genuine mean-spiritedness in them now. Just seems like they lean on that because they aren't funny enough without it.

I've seen a lot of the Dean Martin roasts on tape and almost laugh till I fall out of the chair. They're not always "clean", but it seems like the "regulars" back then were genuinely funny people and didn't have to rely on dropping the "f-bomb" every other word.

I watched parts of Charlie Sheens roast and i liked parts of it, that chick that made the Ryan Dunn joke was not cool at all, but i was impressed with what Charlie said at then end

Amy Schumer is hilarious! Too soon or not.. a joke is a joke.. its her job to tell them.. that's what she gets paid to do.. a lot of her standup will leave people shocked at he less than tasteful jokes.. had Jeffery Ross or Greg Giraldo(RIP) told that joke.. everyone would have laughed their a**es off

btw The worst roast i ever saw was the Roast Of Cheech & Chong.. think it was on WGN or something like that.. it was beyond horrible.. the podium broke midway through the roast... and they has crappy comedians like Ralphy May.. and others that make Ralphy May look like a good comedian

I agree that the old Dean Martin roasts were the best ever made. Ronald Reagan was involved in them, and he was FUNNY.

BTW, how drunk was Tyson the other night??? He almost fell off his chair a dozen times.

The recent ones that were really pretty decent were Pam Anderson and David Hasselhoff. You had to know that when there is going to be a Hasselhoff roast, the roasters are going to be very relentless. The Pam Anderson roast was memorable because of Jimmy Kimmels jokes toward Courtney Love. And don't forget about the shirt Pam wore that night, either

The Pam Anderson roast was memorable because of Jimmy Kimmels jokes toward Courtney Love. And don't forget about the shirt Pam wore that night, either

I had just DVR'd it and watched it over the weekend. It was always entertaining when the camera went back to Pam. cool and the roast was pretty funny too. grin

time + tradjedy = funny in their books. not enough time, is not funny. liek the Dunn joke.

the Insult comics are the best on there. fill-ins like william shattner and mike tyson are just not funny. they dont have the delivery, and they read them.

The David Hasselhoff roast was one of the best, as well as the bob saget - olson twins jokes.

Hulk Hogan took it on the chin from Lisa Lampanelli during the Donald Trump roast. The Sheen roast had its moments, but not one of the best ones.

With Greg Giraldo gone, the better insult ones left are Lampanelli, whitney cummings, and jeffrey ross.

Ross was the only one to make the Sheen roast.