• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The "Classic Velvet" Shot

slimngrizzly

Ive had a LOT of cameras out for a LOT of years waiting for these shots! About 4 hours apart!

full-14474-11901-a_cdy_0115.jpg

full-14474-11902-a_cdy_0119.jpg

full-14474-11903-a_cdy_0134.jpg

full-14474-11904-a_cdy_0135.jpg

I have been watch ing this fella for a while now. I think hes a 4 1/2 year old but he may only be a 3 1/2. He scored in the upper 120's last year. Hes a pretty good buck for my area and I dont think hes gonna get by me if he gives me the chance.

I got more pics on the 5th and hes already getting nice and polished up!

Very cool pics indeed. Must have been fun seeing them on the cam for the first time. Just like you were saying... How often do you get all that in one evening. I am going to guess and say almost never. Thanks for sharing and showing us how fast the process can be.

First off, great pictures!

Second, and I'm sure I'll get ripped for this, but I would try and pass on both of those deer this year. I said TRY (so don't rip me too much). But they both look like they have yet to hit their prime and like they have incredible potential. I don't think either of those deer are older than 3.5 based on their body composition.

Have fun out there this fall.

I don't think either of those deer are older than 3.5 based on their body composition.

I'd have to agree they both kind of look like 3.5's to me. I would still arrow the bigger one but if he lived until next season I wouldnl't be upset about it.

Ya I wont shoot the smaller one. Im quite sure hes only a 2 1/2.

If the bigger one is standing in front of me at 15 yards theres no way in HE-Double hockeysticks, that I will be able to pass on him. I wont be upset a bit to see him live to next year.... but I simply haven't killed enough big deer to have the self discipline to pass on a buck like that. Im not saying hes huge, im confident he'll grow immensely in the next year or two. Hes just too big for me to let go. I have a few others in my sights that I would be equaly or more happy with than this fella. So there are options... seeing one in the first place is going to be the tough part! wink

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone! I hope something works out!! Im confident.