• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

climber

Pooh

looking into a climber stand. i have one now, im not very happy with it, and want to upgrade. Have any of you ever owned or used the climber that sportsman guide offers for like 80 bucks? im not at all worried about weight, which is 28 lbs, it is steel construction. Im a healthy 25 yr old (kid to most of you) who has a labor intensive job, work doesnt bother me. wondering how the stand is for travel, is it quite, bulky? to attach to the tree. anything you can tell me about it would be great.

i had one that was very similar to that one its narrow on the platform and seat, and heavy, if you do get it make sure you have very comfortable straps to carry it. I used it twice and got a new one that was lighter and wider, personally i would spend more money and get a better one.

I looked at the one climber you are talking about.

The downside is that it is rather heavy but if you do not mind packing it in with your bow and other gear, then go for it. Personally I would look for aluminum climber that is half the weight.

I realize you may be in great shape but with carring your other gear, these steel stands can and will be heavy.

Maybe check into a Summit climber. I use the Lone Wolf climbers but they rather spendy.

If spending more money is not an option and keeps you from hunting, go for it as yes, the stand will work for you.

Another thing you should look into is a good safety harness. It could save your life or save you from a broken neck or other bones. It can happen.

If you can afford it look at something like the summit viper..you'll be glad you did....i think this years models have a new "metal dampening" selling point which would be really slick if it is everything they say it is. I've owned one for a 4 or 5 years now and it works great. if money is a big factor then by all means go with what you can afford.

Own one like you are talking about and it is heavy, comfortable enough to sit for a while, but not all day.

I was in a spot where money at the time was tight.

I still own it, but now am looking for a spot where I can leave it in the woods.

I am now looking at the Lone Wolf and Summit climbers.

Just saw in F&S that there is a new climber, 12 lbs. One of the must have items. Technology is only going to make them lighter. I prefer the sit and climb from LW. Had the climber and the sit and climb is way more comfy.