• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HR review/Gardy

Triple_D

What's with Gardy arguing HR reviews? That's at least the second time I've seen him argue and get tossed on that which is a no argue call by managers per rule. And I know he's "protecting his players" but I don't see other managers blatantly disregarding this. He should be fined big time.

And does he really think getting tossed every 10 games motivates the players? Yawn, seen that before, it's getting old.

May be some frustration from this season. It would get on anyones mind after a few months of poor playing and then to get a questionable call.

Gardy may have also been trying to lite a fire under some of his players.

So he gets thrown out, no big deal and maybe Gardy is trying to prove a point to the dudes in black.

He was just trying to get close enough to sabathia to get his autograph and maybe a snapshot of them together. I heard gardy spent rest of game curled up in fetal position with his blankie and binky in the clubhouse.

maybe the twins should just brush off and hang up the cleats, oil up the glove and trade everybody..... screw it, forfeit the rest of the games cus we can't win it. You guys can go watch soccer......

But, they could try some minor leaque players and also play the spoiler role for the remainder of the season.

I realize that but maybe they could bring up some newer ones. They have been realy poor even with the starters even without the injuries. Our pitchers are 500 at best the way we are hitting.

The Twins will be fielding about the same team next season so we might as well see what we can dig up somewhere.

I highly doubt the owners will go out and find something of value.

If not that, then yes, might as well pack the season in and say we quit as we stink really bad.

Every manager in baseball would have argued a close call like that on a HR.

As far ejections and managers go it's amazing how getting a ejected and being a great manager go hand in hand.

Top ejections/managers since 2004

1...Bobby Cox, Atlanta

2...Ron Gardenhire, Twins once every 40 games give or take.

3... charlie Manual Phillies

4...Bruce Botchy, Giants.

5...Terry Francoa, Boston

6... Ozzie, Sox

7... Mike Sciosa, Angels

8...Tony Larusa, Cards

9...Maddon, Rays

10...Joe Torre

Thanks for the research PierBridge, can you look this up for me.

What is the Twins win percentage when Gardy gets tossed? Is he really making the team better by getting tossed or is he making the team worse by not being there to manage the whole game? I can almost guarantee you "lighting a fire" does not translate to more wins. I believe they lost again last night after Gardy's getting tossed.

I might switch to actually watching the Lynx, looks like they will make the play-offs, watching the Twins lately is no fun. Hope the Lynx don't play the Yanks.

Thanks for the research PierBridge, can you look this up for me.

What is the Twins win percentage when Gardy gets tossed? Is he really making the team better by getting tossed or is he making the team worse by not being there to manage the whole game? I can almost guarantee you "lighting a fire" does not translate to more wins. I believe they lost again last night after Gardy's getting tossed.

I might switch to actually watching the Lynx, looks like they will make the play-offs, watching the Twins lately is no fun. Hope the Lynx don't play the Yanks.

Winning the game whether he gets tossed or not doesn't matter. It's showing support for your players. Trust me, with or without Gardy they aren't beating Sabathia with Nishioka, Tosonie, Butera, Plouffe & Revere all in the line up.

Enjoy the Lynx.