• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lighted knocks???

pumper317

made my own cost about 3-4 bucks a piece had no problems with them, works everytime. i made mine like this: go to the tube and search "Homemade Lighted Nock" and click the top link

thats how i do it, work great. You can use different colored lights and nocks to find what u like on the tail end of your arrow i got a green light with a translucent green nock and a yellow light with a yellow nock

I'll be looking at Nockturnal's too this year. I tried the Easton Tracer's and they worked fine up until the magnet disappeared from my bow. I can put another one back on but I never felt completely great about the system.

Yes. At 40 yards are am between 1.5 and 2 inches low. I know this distance is very small, but it bugs the heck out of me. I'm considering several different options on how to fix this and I've got an e-mail in to the company.

Has anyone tried filling their standard knocks with glue to make the weight of their standard knock and the Nockturnal the same weight? I'm thinking about giving it a try...

Nocturnals for me. For practicing I put 2 #4 shot and 2 #6 shot pellets (from shotgun shells) into the inside of a regular nock and use fletching glue to hold the shot in place. It is just the right weight to match the Nocturnal lighted nocks.

Newbie question here... does the lighted nock just help you tell better where you hit the deer? Or is there another purpose? thnx

That is the best part. Also lets you clearly see arrow flight at longer distances for tuning and shaft selection... Nothing better than watching the light disappear behind the shoulder of a deer!

Firenocks are very nice, but they are spendy and heavy but you can change the batterys when they go dead. Probably the easiest to turn off if you are going to shoot them in practice.

Nockternals are light but when the battery is dead they are done. They are also more affordable.

Tracer nocks work good but I didn't like the idea of the magnet and found that turning them off with the magnet was a bit of a pain.

I am going with nockternals this year....

Shot my best buck in 2009 at 30 yards with a luminok. It was cool to see the arrow sticking behind his shoulder as he bounded off. Without lighted nocks it is very hard to tell where you hit IMO.

Extra cool shooting lighted nocks 50 yards at sunset!