• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What pheasant gun???

Lots od choices out there to pick from. I bought a Beretta ExtremaII when they came out and it has performed flawlessly firing everything from light trap loads to 3.5 inch buckshot coyote loads. It was not the cheapest gun but it fit me the best and I am happy. My second favorite are the Winchester SX 2-3 guns. They are less expensive and really good guns. But then again benelli has a very loyal following and makes great guns, they just didn't fit me as well and of course there is Browning and Remington too.

Go hold them and see what fits you the best. That is the most important. Otherwise the vast majority are well built and should give you a lifetime of use but just a certain all of them have potential problems too.

The Browning Maxus, the Win. SX2, and the Benelli ultra light are all great pheasant guns, will handle ducks, and are a joy to hold. The only problem is I could never afford any of them. They are all into the thousands and I could never justify that with the family when the trusty 870 is sitting downstairs in the safe... frown

I bought an sx3 this past winter for under 900 bucks brand new and I love it great for all birds...been used for pheasants and turkeys and this year it will get broken in on grouse and waterfowl. I love that I can adjust it to almost the exact same fit as my old winchester 1400. plus it handles flawlessly in cold weather which the inertia recoil systems can have problems with.

I've been shooting a Super X3 for a few years now and love it. Have yet to jam it up, run with virtually no oil especially later in the season, have hunted in temps as low as -6 and still no jams. Cycles even light loads, only problem is 3.5" shells kind of tuff to shove in but they cycle fine. I'm even shooting trap with it this year. Pick one up at the store and see if it fits you. Once I picked one up it was a no brainer, had to get it.

I am partial to the Benellis you can beat a Montifeltro for what you are looking for. I love the looks of the new ultra light but at $1400 quite expensive. But honestly any of the new beretta's, brownings or benellis are awesome guns. Most important look for which one feels the best in your hands, and fits you the best.

I was looking at those sx-3. What a sweet gun I read in a shooting magazine it can get off 12 rounds in less than a second and half. That would be a good spring snow goose gun to have also if you hunt in the spring. I'm sure you will like your new gun for pheasants & ducks as well. Good choice