• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whisker Biskits....?

What do you fellas think?

Im getting a new bow for sweety that comes with the whisker bisket. Shes never shot bow really before so I think the full containment is a good idea. However I used to have one and never really was comfortable with it. I dont like the thought of anything touching, or creating resistance, with the shaft or fletching. I would think this would just make matters worse and affect the flight even more so if shes only shooting 30-40 pounds.....

Whats your 2 cents? Are the whisker biskets ok, or should i get rid of that thing right away for a cheaper full containment drop-away or something?

For her first bow, untill she becomes a bit more experienced the WB is probably a great rest. There certainly are downsides as you already know, but for a new shooter those downsides are pretty weak. I say keep it on...for now.

I have shot through a WB for about 5 years now. I am happy with it. I shoot 65 lbs and practice out to about 70 yards and my arrows fly just fine. I see no reason to change rests. I have shot deer at 35 yards and I hit right where I was aiming. I do practice quite a bit with it. I think the WB is a great rest. I'm sure there are much more expensive rests that would increase my arrow speed and perhaps flight stability but for my Minnesota close range hunting I am very satisfied with the WB.

Well I think im gonna keep it on there. Once she gets proficient with the bow and im convinced its throwing her arrow off, I can always change then. Until that happens, it should be very user friendly for her to get started out. Im glad to here a bunch of you guys do like them anyways. That Apache rest does look nice though!

Thanks for the input fellas!

You may want to look into a Hostage Rest...it's kind of a compromise version of the WB. My son and I each got new bows last year and both have this rest. It has 3 whisker pads surrounding the arrow, but open spaces for fletching clearance as well. Works great, and we've had no problems except the pads wear down after a bunch of shooting, but are easily and reasonably replaced.

I started bow hunting last year. I used the whisker biskit cause it's a good choice for starters. I only had the single pin so i would only take 20-30 yard shots. Got my new sight and shoot up to 50 yards. The whisker biscuit doesn't have any impact on my arrow flight. It's a very good choice especially for starters.

Well we got the bow and left the Bizkit on there! She just loves it! As far as the sights and rest goes... she wouldn't know any better anyways. But shes getting the hang of it. Only at 29 pounds right now but well be increasing weight in a bit here.

Im just glad shes having fun with it!

Here's my two cents as a Bowtech from Scheels..We call whisker biscuits brush bagels at the store because we all can't stand them! Yes it makes sense to have a beginner use some sort of containment rest, but the rest is the most important piece on the entire bow and if your going to spend money on any accessories spend it on the rest! Whiskers will never papertune as good as a drop away and they also screw over your accuracy and speed. Todays market offers a variety of entry level drop aways for a great price. Our best selling rest by far is the QAD (Quality Archery Design)rest. Their cheapest rest is the ultra hunter starting at 59.99 and going up from there to Hdx models. check them out you won't be dissapointed. The only drop away rest that stays up and completely captures the rest even when you let down on the draw!