• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Impossible shots

Thats not the kinda thing I would brag about Scoot.... LOL laugh

Yeah, but I just have to laugh about it now! If I can't laugh at my screw ups, then I'm not doing something right...

This wasn't a miss, but an interesting short-range shot: I one time shot an 8-pointer from exactly 0 feet 0 inches. The buck came along the trail my dad was sitting on. I hadn't seen the buck, but saw my dad draw his bow. I drew my bow and waited for about three seconds. I saw my dad shoot and heard the "whump" of a solid hit. I leaned back as the deer tore through the blow down between the trail my dad was on and the trail I was on. I aimed my bow right in front of the tree I was behind and knew I'd have to shoot right when I first saw the deer. Instead of running past me three yards away on the trail, the deer ran just off the edge of the tree I was tucked behind. Before I could even release the arrow, the deer crashed into the front of my bow, which struck out in front of the tree by a foot or so. I knocked me back on my behind, but when it hit my bow I punched the trigger on my release (not on purpose- it just happened). The arrow was already pressed against the deer's neck when I released it- making the shot 0 yards, feet, and inches long!

The poor buck had been double-lunged by my dad and I pushed an arrow about four inches into it's neck, hitting some serious plumbing- blood was pouring out of both wounds and he didn't make it 20 yards. I know it sounds far fetched, but I swear it's true-my dad, brother, uncle, and several cousins can back me up on this. It happened in about 1985 or so, when our family used to make a lot of drives for deer.

How he got so gooo, he used to sit in a pitch black room with a single candle and pratice at hours on end to hit the flame, he said now his bows an extension of his body and he can basically hit any thing he can see with his eyes. Look up his interveiw pretty interesting