• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buck pictures on your game cameras yet????

Meat-Run

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deer are pretty resilient - I wouldn't be surprised to see that deer on your cameras next year.

I was just thinking the same thing. Winter might be tough on that deer but their ability to survive is amazing.

Just got my first pics back. Camera had been out for about a week. Mostly small bucks but did get a pic of a buck we have lots of history with. We have pics of him as a 2 year old, 3, 4 and now a 5 year old. He has always had a 8 pt frame and never got real big. Here are 2 pics from last week and a pic at 3 years old from 2009. You can barely see he has a split ear on his right ear in this years pic and in 09 clearly. Hope we can get him this year.

031.jpg

043.jpg

CopyofPicture4943.jpg

Surewood,

Is your salt lick in a bag? I'm new to the trail cam business they like cracked corn, (they being coons) but I'm wanting to go more add a salt lick, i heard they melt with rain, wondering if you found a good way to protect?

Cheers!

They are supposed to "melt". Dont let that worry you. The deer will eat the soil for years after the salt has soaked into it. The best way to make it last is to make sure it doesnt sit in the water, put your mineral on an old stump or something. Then it will leach into the stump as well.