• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COD MW3 Discussion

CJH

I'm not impressed with the maps either. Black Ops maps were way better. I really want to like this game but so far I've been less then impressed on almost all aspects. This is the first COD series I've felt let down with. I'm not saying it's terrible by any means (besides the lag which hopefully gets better), but it's missing that 'wow' factor.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got about 20 hours into the game and I'm still not really into it. I've had a lot of lag issues, but it varies from lobby to lobby. Some games it's playable and some games I'll start out like 1-9 where I lose every gun battle, even up close ones with a SMG.

Lots of maps are set up for camping and unless you play this game a ton, playing "defensive" is really the only way to get good scores. There's a lot of long sight lines and the stackable kill streaks encourage people to sit back and build from their predator missile up to the AC130 and Osprey gunner. At least half of my deaths every game are from a guy sitting in a corner or at the top of some stairs with his red dot fixed on an entry point.

I will say im not real into this game either. I actually took a break from multiplayer to make some custom game modes as well as play the campaign. I wasn't impressed with the campaign at all..

Multiplayer just isn't sticking to me like mw2 and black ops. Kinda of sick of playing it and have done some other things. Got a kinect now so I might start using that instead until the game gets fixed....

I'm on PS3. I'm not great at the game by any means and I lose lots of gun fights because I'm just not that good, but you can tell when there's lag.

MW3 is also very glitchy when you're running next to a team mate and you're kind of fighting for position. If you both run to the same spot the picture jumps.

Hopefully I'll like it more when I get to know the maps better. I have a feeling some maps will have huge sections I'll have to avoid though.

LOTS of quick scoping going on too.

I like MW3. I think the graphics are more crisp than MW2. (I skipped BOPS) The game play is the same which I would expect, but what I really like are the tons of modifications for the weapons.

I noticed the glitchy screen when you're next to a team mate to. Kinda makes sense as two people can't be in the same spot at the same time, but yeah kinda annoying. I don't like watching some guy running then disappearing then reappearing. That's hard to aim at. Spray and pray will soon ensue.

I like to run n gun, but seem to get smoked doing that. So I'll slow down and sneak around only to be stabbed from behind from some run and gunner. Ugh. Its fun though and I like the revenge perk.

I'm on PS3 and there's been one patch so far.

Sometimes the lag is more noticeable than others. Obviously when you can't reload or you get stuck in a wall, that's terrible and usually the game will drop connection.

Other times the only way to tell if it's happening is to watch the kill cam. I'll have times where I have several hit markers and the other guys gun hasn't fired and I die. Then I watch the kill cam and sure enough, he got a clip into me and my gun never went off. That there is "lag" or a sync issue.

Like it's been said previously though. It happens in most every networked multiplayer platform. Some games just handle it a bit better.

I bet if the game limited matches to 4 on 4 it would make a huge difference.

I remember back in the day of older games like the original Ghost Recon. You could pick who was the host manually and the guys I played with all knew how many people in a match we could all handle. The guys that had T1 connections or Business class internet could do 10-12 playeres, standard internet was looking at about 8 players max, and DSL could squeak by with 6. Some people's uploads speeds were so slow they couldn't host period. But, by being able to select who was the host, you always knew what to expect....and the guys with blazing speeds were VERY popular. grin

Laggy. Had a tdm teammate tonite with 48 kills. Hmm. Had to leave lobby when the next match had me on the opposing squad. Headed to sodak chasing roosters for a bit. When I come back, will know how the game is going to play just by the length of the update. This game is way beyond the 15 second patches they've sent out twice so far.

Laggy. Had a tdm teammate tonite with 48 kills. Hmm. Had to leave lobby when the next match had me on the opposing squad. Headed to sodak chasing roosters for a bit. When I come back, will know how the game is going to play just by the length of the update. This game is way beyond the 15 second patches they've sent out twice so far.

Good luck in Sodak! I wish I could get out there one more time this year!

Heads up to those using the DewXP points. It clearly states that each GT is limited to 24hrs. But what is NOT stated anywhere is that it has to be exactly 24hrs in order to redeem the code.

For example if you have 23:30 and try to use a 45 min code, it won't work and there is no work around. So for any of you that get close, just an FYI.

from my understanding you are saying if you have 23:30 Hours of Dew XP logged, and you want to use 15,30, or 45 minutes of it you can't? until you get 24 hours???

If that is the case wouldn't it be the same for "everyone" then whether you have 24, 14, or 4 hours??

If the particular code you try to redeem puts you over the 24hr limit, you will not be able to apply it. You can still use it for the drawing entries though or apply it to a second GamerTag.

In my particular example, I would need to use 2 15 min increments to max out my time.

Funny how I keep find new favorite weapon packages. Latest is the PP90M1 with rapid fire and a silencer. It's like running around with that BB gun you use at the State Fair to shoot out the red star.

Add the extreme conditioning pro perk and bump up your sensitivity to about 7 and you have yourself quite the running package.

If the particular code you try to redeem puts you over the 24hr limit, you will not be able to apply it. You can still use it for the drawing entries though or apply it to a second GamerTag.

In my particular example, I would need to use 2 15 min increments to max out my time.

Gotcha that makes way more sense then how you worded your other post.

Funny how I keep find new favorite weapon packages. Latest is the PP90M1 with rapid fire and a silencer. It's like running around with that BB gun you use at the State Fair to shoot out the red star.

Add the extreme conditioning pro perk and bump up your sensitivity to about 7 and you have yourself quite the running package.

I have started to use the pp90m1 with rapid fire. It is ok. I still prefer Akimbo FMG9's.

I recommending turning your sensitivity up by two and play for a while then bump it up 2 more. Many people are on the stock sensitivity of 2. A jump from 2 - 7 is likely to cause motion sickness.

UGGG @ lag compensation. I ended my night of COD with a rage quit and guess what I saw as I was leaving...host migration. I went and did some digging and I am not crazy...whom ever hosts is forced with a heavy dose of lag compensation so there is no "advantage" from being said host and by the stuff I read last night they have grossly over compensated.

FIX THE GAME

more rumors...

"This new, apparently leaked flyer reveals that on the 12th of January, 2012, Modern Warfare 3 will receive its first map pack packing in five maps, two brand new ones (Aftershock and Fallout), two from MW2 (Terminal and Favela), and the smallest map from CoD 4 (Shipment). This map pack is supposedly going to be available for all MW3 players on that date with Elite paid members having a head start earlier. Take this leak with a big grain of salt since the word “unrational” technically isn’t a real word, but keep in mind that Activision did make up a word in the past with “Mapathy”."