• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Battlefield 3

bgreen82

it's supposed to come out this Fall/November 2011. I just watched a couple of other trailers on it and I think this may be my next 'game' and COD can be shelved.

They said that Battlefield has set it's site's on stealing COD players.....and they may be right

I haven't played battfield since I owned a pc and it was battlefield 1942! I did try the demo of the latest and wasn't impressed. just people stealing vehicles. It is a fun game if you have a group of friends to play with, but otherwise I hate the MP when you deal with a bunch of yahoos who just want to drive vehicles around.

This game has been in the making for the last 5yrs. If anyone has played BF, which predominately is a PC based game, it will rock the world once again just like all past BF's did. Take note that gameplay will be scaled down for console versions, the true experience comes on the pc. As I have close ties to the BF community as I was involved in the making of the most popular mod for BF 1942 (Desert Combat), I don't see this being a disappointment on either end. BF is and always has been a teamplay based game, most war situations are, are they not. COD games can't compete nor is even on the same level as BF in a compareable gameplay state. With BF giving there all on this game by working close with the US Military Branches to get every detail correct, and bring the most real experience to life, it'll be hell bent to be overtaken by another game. BFBC2 was a quick throw together to just fill the void until BF3 came out, they expected it to fail yet still sold over 5 million copies without even trying. It just shows how serious the gaming community takes the BF Series. I'm itching for the release, will be on pc and ps3. Any pc'ers out there, my clan (XG)XtremeGamerz will be hosting 1-2 dedicated servers available with VOIC servers up too, that I will share here.

Did anyone of you played Battlefield that came out in about 2005 or so? Online you could fly choppers, tanks and people could jump in with you. Man that game was awesome!

My son plays it all the time on the PC. We just bought it for $9.99 last fall at Best Buy clearance rack. There is some mod for it that he downloaded call Project Reality. He likes it.

I too thought it looked cool. But then again i thought HOMEFRONT looked cool.. got sick of it in a week. Same with COD. I think it's more me than anything. I'm 21 now, and video games have pretty died out for me. Cannot play any shooter games, or any quest style games, wont even consider doing any campaigns. I will only play Madden and NHL.. and only if i have a buddy over.

I used to play all versions online. I loved the BF2 features and Desert Combat rocked as well. Might have to resurrect {FB}FatBastards.

I miss cartillery. Nothing like airdropping a small truck on someone sniping at you from a rooftop.

Ive been playing on PS3, honestly I havnt been blown away but its fun. Maybe it is because they only gave you one map, no vehicles, and one game type.

Hopefully the graphics improve in the actual game they are nothing special in the beta version but it sounded like the game was supposed to look amazing.

Controls are solid, no real complaints there.

Actual gameplay on rush, it seems unbalanced, the attackers win 90% of the time no matter how herp-derp the attacking team is. Ive played about 18 matching and only 2 twice have the defenders won.

The only thing that really makes me rage is the flashlight attachment. I have not got it yet so havnt got to try it but when you go against someone is just blinds your player and you cant see the enemy. You'd think if you sprayed bullets at the light you atleast get a hit marker on the person but I never seem to.

The party system is a joke. Havnt got the hang of it yet and it seems like if you get put in a squad of Gomer Piles your just SOL, hard to change squads.

For less than a month away it doesnt seem ready. Ill wait for reviews, MW3 comes out right after it...

Ive been playing on PS3, honestly I havnt been blown away but its fun. Maybe it is because they only gave you one map, no vehicles, and one game type.

Hopefully the graphics improve in the actual game they are nothing special in the beta version but it sounded like the game was supposed to look amazing.

Controls are solid, no real complaints there.

Actual gameplay on rush, it seems unbalanced, the attackers win 90% of the time no matter how herp-derp the attacking team is. Ive played about 18 matching and only 2 twice have the defenders won.

The only thing that really makes me rage is the flashlight attachment. I have not got it yet so havnt got to try it but when you go against someone is just blinds your player and you cant see the enemy. You'd think if you sprayed bullets at the light you atleast get a hit marker on the person but I never seem to.

The party system is a joke. Havnt got the hang of it yet and it seems like if you get put in a squad of Gomer Piles your just SOL, hard to change squads.

For less than a month away it doesnt seem ready. Ill wait for reviews, MW3 comes out right after it...

That's well said. Right now, I'm leaning towards not picking it up for these reasons listed. The fact that MW3 comes out a few weeks after that is the real killer for me. I won't rule it out completely, but the beta has been far too glitchy for me to have much faith in it being released without serious problems.

DICE/EA will have most if not all of the bugs/glitches worked out of the game by the release date of the 25th and if not there will be patches available shortly thereafter. I personally have not played the Beta but I'm so sick of COD that I wont buy MW3 even if it turns out better than BF3, which I doubt it will be. The purpose of a Beta, I'm sure you already know, is to test the gameplay and get feedback, good and bad, from not only their in-house game testers but also from the "gaming nation". Its also a chance to test the servers to see if they can handle the load of thousands of people trying to join up, but so far the servers have been struggling a bit, and a few have been hacked but DICE worked quick to shut it down and get it fixed and potentially ban the hackers. As I said above, I WILL NOT buy another COD game so I'll keep my faith in DICE/EA to produce one of the best FPS's to date. Just my 2cents.

I have been playing BFBC2 over COD lately and have to say that I am getting into the Battlefield style of play a lot more now. At first I just thought the game was SO slow, but I like the big maps and the actual warfare type of gameplay. Plus you just can't beat being able to hop in a tank or a helicopter and frag opponents!

Plus you just can't beat being able to hop in a tank or a helicopter and frag opponents!

+1 Thats one of the best aspects of the game haha

I like how BF has, like you said, a more realistic feel of actual combat. The need to use teamwork to complete objectives, the weapons are more realistic, the attachments are real, and the "perks" are technologically possible (I.E. magnum ammo, body armor, light weight packs, etc.) none of these outlandish "perks" like on COD. Definately worth the dough for BF3.

I have been playing BFBC2 over COD lately and have to say that I am getting into the Battlefield style of play a lot more now.

I picked up a copy of that a few weeks ago and wasn't very impressed with it. There are still some bugs in the gameplay/scoring and it seems very unbalanced to me. I was all fired up for BF3 but now I am not sure. I do love the large, multilevel maps that are destructible.

I've been getting owned in the beta for PS3. The low level guns without attachments are really poor. When I spawn on my teammates half of the time I'm underground/under the map and it's very glitchy. It has a socom feel for me, but the controls are the same as COD so that part is easy. I might get it for the PC. Anyone know if it will be in 3D?