• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frozen four St Paul Apirl 9 & 11

cbrooks

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss almost all of the game. Sounded like Michigam goaltender stood on his head.

He played a very good game. He didn't have to play an exceptional game because the Sioux didn't make him. He made two or three really fine saves, but most of the shots on net were also shots on goalie, not where the holes were. Generally, when you shoot at a goalie's belly, he's going to make most of those saves. wink

The Sioux looked pretty bad. All that dump-and-chase reminded me of the bad old days in the '70s, when that's almost all they did.

I guess I looked for a changeup in attack tactics by the Sioux during the last half of the second period and the third period, but it never came. That's a coaching issue.

Bear Scott let me know what you want for sig exactly. Man I am crushed right now frown

So what should we do with him? I kind of feel bad, I better sleep on it and get a little of that Sioux hate back.

[

The Sioux looked pretty bad. All that dump-and-chase reminded me of the bad old days in the '70s, when that's almost all they did.

I'm glad I missed most of the game. Its painful watching that mad

I think the key for the Dogs will be to get a lead on Michigan. Michigan always had 3-4 guys back and just ran that stupid neutral zone trap all night. Sometimes I really hate Lemaire for bringing that into hockey. At least people usually credit him for doing it.

Hopefully the Dogs score a few so game opens up on Sat.

Man what a series last night. Both games were fantastic hockey, though completely different. On the UMD side, Kenny did not make his great start like the past 2 games. First Notre Dame shot sailed right on by after 60 seconds of hockey. He played okay thoughout the rest of the game. Our power play continues to click at a fantastic rate. Gotta keep that going on Saturday to get up on Michigan. We played our own version of conservative hockey in the 3rd and did not pressure at all in the O-zone. Hate that, and we were very lucky it didn't cost us the game. We are not setup to play that style of hockey.

I thought the Sioux looked sloppy and confused in the 1st and then picked up the game for the last 30 minutes of hockey. The crowd, which was 1/2 to 2/3 in green, was silent until about 8 to go in the 2nd. Lots of pent up energy there. 5 on 5 the Sioux looked pretty good, but they seemed to have problems on the PP. Hunwick absolutley stole that game and had the performance of the night. They basically had 5 dmen out there for most of the game, very little offensive pressure from the 2nd onward. I agree with others, the Sioux were the best team in college hockey this year. Congrats on an awesome season.

The fans were pretty cool there. I saw lots of Sioux fans cheering for the Dogs. They got on Notre Dame's goallie pretty good in the 1st. Quite a few Dog and Gopher fans cheering for the Sioux also (I know, right?). I talked quite a bit with some Maine fans, some Gopher fans, 2 ushers, and a VERY nervous Bulldog fan for lots of the game. Great people and atmosphere.

I'll try to post some pics tonight. Work won't let me into the image hosting sites. Go DOGS!! Should be able to pick up tickets much cheaper if anyone wants to go to Saturday.

On the UMD side, Kenny did not make his great start like the past 2 games.

Lets hope he got rid of those jitters and can calm down a little for the final. You have to think Sandelin is going to stick with him at this point, changing goalies would be crazyness right about now.

I agree with you, the dogs need to break the ice right way and get on the board, even if they don't have the lead you don't want to give a hot goalie any more confidence.

I just hope Reiter can look at what Hauser did back in '02. Guy was not the most consistent goalie during the regular season, but he really stepped up when he needed to. We're in the same situation here I think. If Kenny can make that first really big save, I think he stands a good chance of playing great again. If he skates out of goal during a stoppage and makes a big hop, settle in for a great performance.

I didn't get a chance to hear Melrose. I really like him for the pro broadcasts, but he just doesn't know much about the college hockey scene. Who did he gush about during the 2 games? Hunwick for sure I'm guessing.

Brooks I got about 200 muskie baits that need sharpening. I've got a bout 15 half tied cowgirls, you could finish for me too.

if the sioux had any type of pp that would have made the diference. Foss your right, the goalie was good, not great. Most shots were right at him.

I said a month back loose the wcha 5 and you will win the 4. You can't do both, or actuallly all 3 in a year.

Go dogs, ill be cheering you on from somewhere in the x

Yep Melrose wash gushing over the goalie and Michigan's game plan, he did give the Sioux plenty of credit for being the better team with more talent but the Michigan love fest was a little sickening. I of course have a western bias.

You gotta be doing something right to stop 40 SOG and get the shutout. Maybe the shots weren't placed up in the corners, but he seemed to be in position and moved laterally quite well.

Don get me wrong galie played really well. Just saying out of 40 shots I only saw a handful of legit scoring chances. Shooting high and wide hurt a lot too.

I'm thinking the way the sioux move the puck d to d. A shot from the point coulda been a good game plan. But I didn't see a lot of that. The sioux were just kinda running around out there. They never looked desperate either. Crash the stinking net too. Its not right to watch a sioux game and only see them crash into the net once or twice. Even. Mich crashed on the sioux net a few times.

Ah well. I think the dogs match up well against mich. 4 to 3 in ot. It should be a good one

So Scott I put together a sig for brooks, let me know what you think.

Maybe too much?

Gopher Hockey: Minnesota's Pride on Ice

National Titles in 1929, 1940, 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, and 2003

WCHA Season Titles in 1953, 1954, 1970, 1975, 1981, 1983, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1997, 2006, and 2007

WCHA Playoff Titles in 1961, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1993, 1994, 1996, 2003, 2004, and 2007

North Dakota Fighting Sioux Recent NCAA Success

2011 - Michigan 2 Sioux 0

2010 - Yale 3 Sioux 2

2009 - New Hampshire 6 Sioux 5

2008 - BC 6 Sioux 1

2007 - BC 6 Sioux 4

2006 - BC 6 Sioux 5

2005 - Denver 4 Sioux 1

2004 - Denver 1 Sioux 0

2003 - Ferris State 5 Sioux 2

2002 - Missed NCAA's

Well, that was a tough pill to swallow last night. It was a fun year on this board, the banter (and biting my tongue sometimes), college pick em's, etc. Good crew here.

It should be a good game Saturday - won't have the buzz that UND/UMD would have had, but I digress. Should be pretty easy for Bulldog fans to fill the X with fairly priced tickets now available. sickcry

Looks like you can directly upload photos to this site, cool. Use the little blue arrow thingy button. Far easier than using a photo storage site.

full-5554-7526-f42011008.jpg

Green was the theme

full-5554-7527-f42011019.jpg

In between games, ice level

full-5554-7528-f42011016.jpg

We wants it, bad!

full-5554-7529-f42011023.jpg

Frattin hoisting this tonight?!?

full-5554-7530-f42011026.jpg

Cool that they had all the championship banners up. This one's for all the cool Gopher and Sioux fans here.

Nice picks. Thanks.

Atleast the gophs and sioux will stay tied at 5 titles. Yah,I don't count anything before 1970. Works out good for me.

So would you rather be a gopher fan or sioux fan right now.......past 10 years gophs have 2 titles. A few broads and a mcnaughts. The sioux have the later and are nothing short of underachieving in march. Frozen 4s are awesome, but this is underachieving when you are 0 and 6.