• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Final Five

titelines

Well, interesting field this year. This will be our 10th year in a row, hoping to watch some great hockey. It's always nice to see some teams that you normally don't get to see, but I'm wondering what the atmosphere will be without Wisconsin, Minnesota, St. Cloud, Mankato etc. No. Dak always has great representation, but not expecting a lot from Alaska, CC or Denver.

Here are my predictions:

Thursday

Bemidji vs. UMD: UMD

Alaska vs. CC: Alaska (I think the crowd will be behind the Seawolves)

Friday

UMD vs. Denver: UMD

Alaska vs. UND: UND

Saturday

UMD vs. UND: UND

Notes:

* Should be interesting in St. Paul on Thursday, being St. Patty's day and all smile

* Attendance will probably suffer, unless UMD and Bemidji can draw some fans. Too bad they're the 3:00 game on Thursday.

* Looks like KFAN (PA Show or Beyond the Pond) won't be broadcasting from St. Paul this year. Too bad, it was fun to go to Great Waters and watch the show live.

* GO DOGS!

Who else will be there? Have fun!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BSU BEAVER ALL THE WAY! Nobody realizes that this team was just in as a frozen 4 contender not that long ago. And even know there record is not up to what it should be, they are most definetly a better underdog team anyway. They seem to get the win when everyone else thinks they will lose. Like against Omaha.

GO BEAVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be going to the Friday UMD game, if they win on Thursday. Should be lots of extra tickets available with no Gophers/Badgers/Huskies.

I won't count the Beavers out, they played very tough this past weekend. Making accurate F5 picks is almost impossible. That's why the tourney is so much fun. Play-in teams have won the past 2 years though, after never doing it before.

UMD-BSU = Dogs

CC-AA = Tigers

UMD-DU = Who knows with these 2? Dogs?

UND-CC = Sioux

Tough to see the Sioux losing right now, but UMD does have that 5-0 shellacking they took in their own facility to fire them up.

Will be there. I don't care who plays as it is always a great tourney.

Will be rooting for whomever wins the first one. I'm pulling slightly more for the Dogs over Bemidji. Wish these two weren't playing against each other!!!!

Brooks you dont want the Sioux cause you know they cant win both the 5 and the 4.

I will go with dogs, or that is who want to win.

Really hard to bet against the Sioux right now though.

Dogs over Denver which is a tough one

Sioux over AA.

I think I might work there saturday, maybe friday night. I am really interested to see how the attendance is. thank god for true fans like Archerystud who just want to see good hockey. I think AA might get some of the local fans too.

BSU vs UMD should be an interesting game. Beavers have done very well against Duluth in the past 3 or 4 years. Duluth took 3 of 4 this year, but it's meaningless in the playoffs. You guys keep up your Beaver Fever.

Tigers for the Broadmoor is a quite a prediction. Put some $ down in Vegas for that one, could make some serious $$$.

Quote:
Beaver fan coming out of the woodwork? Where were you guys when I was defending BSU against a certain Sioux fan.

honestly, I never saw that.. Figures that a Sue fan would pick a fight... They seem to have problems with everybody! NDSU, Minn, UMD, SCSU, BSU and everyone in between! grin

Bear55 i was their with the whole time. He has been quit for awhile. I look for him to join the fight again anytime.

UND has had their way with the Beavers this year i must admit,but this would be a good time to change that if they get the chance.

]It is embarrassing when they win our league and then get worked over in the ncaas.

It really is embarrassing, at least when the Gophers, Denver, or WI make the Frozen Four they come home with Hardware. What is even more important is those pesky Boston schools have won the past 3 NC's and someone needs to stop them. BU doesn't look like much of a threat this year but BC looks like their usual selves and you know the Sioux don't have a chance against them.

Easy on the BC remarks Bear. I take those personal smile. I'm definatley drinking the UND koolaid this year.

Pretty cool to see the BSU faithful on here smile. Man this forum has pick up alot in the last month.

I can't help it, it's all us Gopher fans have these days. If the Sioux do happen to win a NC I have a feeling the Gopher fanbase will reach new lows. I might have to personally take things into my own hands and egg both Lucia's and Maturi's homes. Only kidding of course, I am too old for that but I would hire some kids to do it for me. grin

I might have to personally take things into my own hands and egg both Lucia's and Maturi's homes. Only kidding of course, I am too old for that but I would hire some kids to do it for me. grin

Get it done no matter what the Sioux do. Lucia and Maturi deserve it. wink

I can tell you reading the Duluth Tribune today that UMD is not taking the Beaver Litely (nor they should) Always play each other really competetively. Hope the Beaver win a NC sometime, that will be a sweet way to top off what they have accomplished in the last few years. 2 Sweet 16 appearances, 1 Frozen 4 appearance, brand new hockey arena, and not to mention the inclusion into the WCHA (best college division in the nation). A NC would top it all of

GO BEAVERs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can tell you reading the Duluth Tribune today that UMD is not taking the Beaver Litely (nor they should) Always play each other really competetively. Hope the Beaver win a NC sometime, that will be a sweet way to top off what they have accomplished in the last few years. 2 Sweet 16 appearances, 1 Frozen 4 appearance, brand new hockey arena, and not to mention the inclusion into the WCHA (best college division in the nation). A NC would top it all of

GO BEAVERs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple as that! It will be a errrr . . . dog fight with UMD.

The Beavers need a big win tomorrow to help get alot of the people that didn't want D1 hockey and a new arena onto the bandwagon.. It's an on going process and remember how tough it was getting into the WCHA.

Little Beavers competing with the big dogs!!! I love it!!!

He has been quit for awhile. I look for him to join the fight again anytime.

Rumor has it that the WCHA required the city of St. Paul to have two of these on hand for the tournament upon the beavs acceptance into the league. grinwink

whambulance-1.jpg

IALTO. Maybe I should be quit for awhile again.