• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is the BEST reasonable priced pike trip?

Bigguyone

I have fished much of MN and Ontario but really want to go spend some time catching the big pike - looking to catch quantity of 35"+ fish - with some into the mid 40's very possible.

I would like to do a trip to Wollaston lake lodge or the like but it is just dang spendy at 5k a week per person...

Looking for a great lake with an outpost for $1100 or so per week or a lodge at $1500/wk with food included.

Thinking Manitoba or SK Canada are my best bets but I figured I would come to the pros and ask for your suggestions or maybe there is an amazing hidden gem of a like in NW Ontario I am not aware of.

Also what time of year would you recommend for a trip like this as we want to do some filming.

THANK YOU in advance!

Take a look at Woody's Rainy Lake resort out of Rainer on Rainy lake.

Woody has a cabin on an island in a bay setting and it's great. Depending of course on the time of the season, Rainy has some of the best pike fishing in Minnesota.

Maybe hire Woody for a guide for a half day or day to get a few spots and tips as Rainy is huge and Woody knows this lake as well as anyone.

Last winter and spring in 2 trips I caught many pike with 3 from 19-23 pounds.

I am sure Woody could show you a great time for some pike action.

Talking cost, give Woody a call and talk to him as he has some very reasonable rates for fisherman.

http://www.fairlyreliable.com/

Here is a link to a thread with some pike photo's from last season on Rainy and the spots were Woody's spots he gave us.

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubb...n_p#Post2499390

God's Lake, Manitoba. Caught a hundred between 35" and 45". Been up there twice and would do it again in a heartbeat. Elk Island is awesome and a higher class place, but there are plenty of places on the lake. On one trip we caught 50 walleyes (29" was the biggest) in 30 minutes, 200 pike in a day, and a 35" lake trout.

God's Lake, Manitoba. Caught a hundred between 35" and 45". Been up there twice and would do it again in a heartbeat. Elk Island is awesome and a higher class place, but there are plenty of places on the lake. On one trip we caught 50 walleyes (29" was the biggest) in 30 minutes, 200 pike in a day, and a 35" lake trout.

That sounds like one well named lake indeed! smile

God's Lake also has the God's River flow out of it (I canoed from Lake Winnepeg to the Hudson bay on that route) and it has MONSTER brook trout in it, and also a TON of whitefish that you can catch on a fly rod. once in a lifetime trip up there, i highly suggest going sometime

I would definately look at Last Mountain Lake Saskatchewan! If you watch In-fisherman at all, you've probably seen Doug Stange there. I was up there last September and caught quite a few pike in the 36-42" range. I also caught a 15 pound walleye.

It's much cheaper than a fly-in and the fishing can't be beat.

may want to look at Moak Lodge on Cedar Lake. I fish the lake for 14 days each summer for the past 8 years and have caught a tremendous amount of fish in the 38-44" fish. Fabulous Northern Pike fishery. With your own boat it is very reasonable. Contact Chris @ Moak Lodge and he'll treat you right.

Look at Pine Cliff Lodge in Dryden, Ontario. It's a drive to lodge...and they are the only lodge on the 10k acre lake, so it has the remote feel of a fly in for a fraction of the price.

12# line class world record pike was caught there recently..53 3/4 inches

If you don't mind driving and camping you might look at the Lakes around The Pas, Manitoba. Many you can drive to, and many have Provincial Campgrounds (we used tents). If in a lake almost all have a boat launch. Take a look at the Manitoba Master Angler awards and see the sizes caught--both kept and released.

The road is very good to the Pas. Some lakes will require driving on gravel roads, but usually are not on bad condition.

I'd avoid the big Provincial Parks in the south liked Riding Mountain--they are usually very well used. Avoid Canadian Holidays as all the Canadians will be fishing those days.

If super adventurous with a large boat you could look at Winnipegosis--but it is huge so you'd want local info.

Good luck.

I have fished Camp Lake St. Joseph the last couple years. Two years ago, eight of us caught 150 northerns over 30". Quite a few were over 40. I know they got one last year that was 46. The prices are very reasonable although food is not included. We caught walleyes left and right.

Fished Mille Lacs for muskies around labor day a few years ago and caught several northern pike over 30" up to 37" trolling big spinnerbaits along the weed edges. When the big pike move shallow on Mille Laces, you can bang a bunch in a day I think.

Try LaBelles on Northwest Bay, Rainy Lake. It's about a 40 minute drive from Fort Frances and International Falls. Big northerns, bass and walleye.

LaBelle's Birch Point Camp

R.R. #1

Devlin, Ontario

P0W 1C0 Canada

Phone: (807) 486-3345

Fax: (807) 486-1164

Email: [email protected]