• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

March on Devil's Lake

Hey guys,

we are thinking about Lake of the Woods OR our first trip to Devil's Lake.

We would be on the ice about the 2nd week of March.

Is there still a ton of snow? I noticed from a recent report the fishing was terrible due to weather.

Is this typically a good bite time on Devil's Lake? 2nd-3rd week of March?

Well, some people meant not like my advice here but your best bet would be Lake of the Woods. I know they have a extended season for walleyes and northerns there. Not sure on the exact date there. For Devils lake Shore fishing during early ice out(typically in middle Apirl)can be really good.

The group who just took my private house off LOW did very well. The group before them did well too. We were up before them and did good the first day and not so good the second day. Ended up going to Winni and got our limit of jumbo's.

Been fishing LOW in March for 15 years and have made several trips the first two weeks of April.

To be totaly honest the best time on LOW other than in a charter boat is early ice 5-8 inches.

A couple years ago did very very well on Irvin middle/end of March. Both trips to Devils? Not so good...

Report I saw for DL was only about 2 or 3 inches. Depending on the part of the lake you go to, they may have gotten next to none...they were right on the edge of the snowfall.