• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opinion please.

For me the first photo is just too many white highlights popping out and its hard to look at. But then like you mentioned the second really takes away part of the credit due to the grouse with the tire tracks but to me the grouses color seem to pop a bit more in the second. If I had to pick one though I would have to go with the second. Just my opinion though.

Jason,

I'm a fan of "high key" images. The first shot you posted definately fits the bill. The treatment really makes the image all about the grouse and it's gorgeous plumage. If you would have gone belly flat, the tracks would have been a non issue....

Regardless, very nice!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feed back.

I think I still like the high key version.

I am a horrible Photo-shopper so cloning out tire tracks would be a mess if I tried.

This hen happens to be part of a group of 6 very flighty spruce grouse. I have tried to take pictures of them before with no luck. These 6 aren;t your typical "fool" hens.

I would have belly crawled for you Shawn but I couldn't keep up with them as they kept running and flying down the road. I think next year the festival should have a belly crawl race through the snow. I would go just to watch that!

The first image will make the better print, IMO. Backlit computer screens always intensify the whites.

I had this same thought as I was reading but Foss beat me to it!

Backlit computer screens are just that, lit from the back via light. Bright white on a print is only as bright as the ambient lighting in the room reflecting off it.