• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bow question

drake123

What happened exactly? Were you indoors shooting targets, or outdoors where some ice/snow may have gotten under the string? Give us more info, maybe we can shed some light on it.

Either way yes, it's bad. Take it into a pro shop and have them check it out.

Yes, there's been talk about the Destroyers doing this. However, it can happen to any bow for a number of reasons. If you've got a short ATA bow and draw it with fingers, you're putting your bow and yourself at risk for this. Oh, and don't dry fire your bow... not a good idea. winkgrinlaugh

I took it to G mount today and the archery guy fixed it for me for free. He said don't ever just pick your bow up and draw it without an arrow. Here is what I did. I was going to shoot but ran out of time, so i just came to full draw with no arrow, and I slowly let it back down(NOT DRY FIRE) and the string came of the top cam. He said never draw unless you have an arrow!

Something is wrong here.. not having an arrow in it means nothing.. Unless it was dry fired.. Its good advice to always have an arrow in it, but that is not the reason for the sting coming off in my opinion. I would check to make sure the Spindle? is not bent.. check also to see if the cam is leaning.. Something is not right.

Drake,

By any chance did you draw your bow with just fingers? Many of the new short Axel to Axel bows with the agressive cams had issues when the bow was torqued by drawing with fingers. The early Monsters and several others come to mind.

It never hurts to make connections with a good bow technician- Many pro shops have experienced guy's including Gander Mountain. The Forest Lake GM has some very good bow technicians in there department. Average Joe's are a group of former Sportsmans Wharehouse archery guys.

The technicians will help you set up your equipment - making sure that all aspects of your setup are working correctly.

By the way you never said what kind of bow you shoot. What was it and are you all set now?

Good Luck

Steve