• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Come on guys

Abndoc

If you can take the weather it should be really good. I've still got two doe Wisconsin doe tags but I'm a wimp. Unless the weather moderates I'm not likely to get out unless I'm on my skinny skis, and I don't hunt from the ski's. Seen lots of deer while skiing, though. I'm assuming you also have snow. Big advantage. Had venison steak and eggs this morning, very good! Good luck.

Tagged out here, scouting for bucks for next season who survived the rifle season.

I guess I could hit an intensive harvest area but I have enough deer meet so it's time to focus on next year and ice fishing.

It's tough on the psyche to have went on 20 sits thus far and have seen deer on only 3 of those, 9 opening morning, 1 lone 8pter, and a fawn. Meanwhile my tagged out friends are into geese like never before, readying their fish houses, etc. I guess back to the deer hunt for sat.sun.mon., tough on the psyche when the deer were left alone since rifle and opening wkd of muzzy and see squat, 3 days, not even an abandoned fawn or a deer running by. Past 5 years have been brutally tough. I hunt 4 properties in 3 counties by my lonesome. An 80, a 55, a 120, and a 320 acre chunk. 575 acres at my disposal, all private, have all stunk as shooting light movement just isn't happening, seems like as the boundaries get pressured , once opening day is done, the deer still won't get up and browse or stage before heading for the fields as they know trouble exists, now with I stick out like a sore thumb snow is here to stay, here's to hoping for 1 mature buck to make a mistake this weekend!

Chin up Musky...I probably have almost 100 hrs in the treestand. I did get my buck in Wisconsin, but alot of hours spent seeing nothing or watching them walk just far enough away. You'll get one soon!!

I'm just hoping for a doe or two to wander by close enough. We had a tough rifle hunt and I have no venison in the freezer - heaven forbid if I have to eat beef this year. The trouble is finding the time now. I have a pheasant trip planned next weekend and need to visit mom in the hospital this weekend. At my usual spot they stopped using that area for now - hopefully the last 3 weeks are good there. Did I forget to mention my dog hates me cause I'm not taking him pheasant hunting laugh

Man Wednesday was a cold one for me. I pulled a 11 hr shift in a tree.... I did get down around 10 out of my food plot stand and went down in the woods to get out of the wind. had 3 does and a small 6 come by. Last night it was nice until the sun went down and got cold quick. 1 doe one something big came running in when I gave the last chance grunt and doe bleat before i gave up. The one something big never showed itself came running from deep in the woods and pulled up shy of my food plot. Have deer every day gonna have to pull the trigger soon. All the buck pictures are around 9 after wisconsins rifle season. Still fun to get out and see how deer react to different techniques.

I'm with Abdnoc. I spent hours without seeing anything this year. Saw a doe and a fawn early October and nothing until Nov. 18( might be a day off) when I killed a small racked buck, nice body, on the last day of the wisconsin season before the gun season. Near as I can tell, most movement was by moonlight. But then that is part of the challenge of the sport, figuring the animals out. And when you do, it will feel real goooooood!

I was out tonight in wisconsin, around 4pm the snow started coming down pretty good...wish i had a buck tag, small 6pt walk by limping pretty bad. Looked like maybe he had a run in with a small honda. Saw one doe alone out of range. I can't wait for morning...even if nothing comes, it going to be beautiful out in the woods.

Spent the weekend up north and saw deer from every sit except Fri am when it was -7. Nothing moving that morning. Let a doe escape Sat night when I was on the ground & couldn't get my bow back. Probably the most exciting, nerve wracking hunt I've experienced. Laying in the open with snow camo and deer all around - couldn't move for 25 minutes. Crazy.