• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I saw a little being taken off last weekend but I think most are still working on their beans. Once the beans are done, which I would think would be soon, the corn will really start getting pounded. From what I've been told its ready to be cut. It would nice to have all the corn down before theres snow on the ground.

It should be early this year I think. Everything else is coming off nice. I wouldn't think there will be too much left for deer season.

About time.....the past 2 years all that corn has made for tough hunting.

They were hitting the beans and corn hard two weekends ago in south central Nodak. By the way things looked, they'd have it wrapped up in no time. Of course, that's if they kept the clip going. No reason to stop, as the weather has been more than favorable. Hopefully they can keep hitting it hard! I'd love to have a deer opener with little to no standing crops left, for once!

We had a little rain shower in central ND on Sunday and didn't see many combines out yesterday, but today they're out and taking corn at a pretty good pace. Just this afternoon I saw them roll into a field nearby my hunting area so that should help things as it's been spotty with corn on one side and sunflowers on another. Sunflowers are spotty with only a field here and there that has been combined. Overall it's much better than last year!

So far I've got four birds in three days but I've been pacing myself to keep the dog from getting too wore down early in the week. Yesterday I went out with a buddy and we didn't fire a shot.

Sounds good. One of our prime areas that we bowhunt west of grand forks has beans and corn surrounding it. last time i was out there the beans were being taken off so that kept me out of there. I am leaving tomorrow afternoon to go back out so hopefully they either took the corn away from the woods or can leave it alone until Monday!

Yep, they are really moving around these last couple of days, taking field after field with one eye on the forecast. Doesn't look too promising for the harvest early next week with highs in the 30's with rain/snow mixed in. The sunflowers are really coming down around my area.

I've already seen crops that once surrounded good hunting spots cleaned off by the next day when I've driven by. Much better for the farmers this year than last with all the wet weather they had.

Haven't seen a whole lot of corn harvested in the greater Bismarck area, which is rather surprising for how nice it has been. A good chunk of the sunflowers are off but I would say less than 15% of the corn is off from what I have seen. Now supposed to be a wet week so who knows when it will come off.

I hunt in the Leonard area which is SW of Farge approx 50 miles. Most of the beans are out and the corn is well on it's way out.

I left last Sunday afternoon and there was more out of the field than corn left to be harvested.

With the rain they are getting, it could hold things up a bit.

For the first time in I do not know how long, the corn by us is all gone.