• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My 11" BULL GILL from 10/8/2010 (Pictures)

mr_jman

Boy, I don't know, looks like 10 and 15/16ths. LOL grin

Awesome fish man!! Thanks for sharing

Haha I think the mouth end of the fish wasn't quite lined up with the actual start of the tape but we took the time to measure it w/o pinching the tail and it was an 11". It nearly doubled over my medium action rod when I set the hook! Quite a thrill.....

We also caught several around and above 10" and a handful over 9" as well. (You know its good when I reeled in a gill and said it was a "nice fish" and it was about 9 1/2")

Boy, I don't know, looks like 10 and 15/16ths. LOL grin

Awesome fish man!! Thanks for sharing

Nice kick in the gonads...LOL

It is a very nice bull.Very respectable....I've got a pattern to turn on with 9's for averageand up to 11 or a hair bigger and guys think the 9's are big compared to what they have around them in their local lakes. Once you get over 10 the numbers of fishers that have caught them dwindle...to get an 11 that would be a personal best for many...nice fish and awesome release!

Pinch the caudial fin better to get a truer measure...

Thanks for all the comments, and yeah I knew you were kidding about the just under 11" thing..... Again the real credit goes to the guy I was fishing with who puts in A LOT of time and is very knowledgable about the lakes he fishes. I'm just lucky enough to get the priveledge of fishing these lakes.

I will be getting the pictures of his 11" gill from that day on here once he can get them to me. (None of the pics were on the tape but just him holding it.

It is a fish of a lifetime, but he has two 11 1/2" and told me of one over 12" that was caught... So I think I might just get a chance at a bigger one yet!!!!! grin