• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ripley-1st Week

dustin85

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did they do last year to anyone who arrived before noon on the day prior to the hunt?

2 years ago (I think, could be 3) On the second wknd they asked that no one arrive before noon, people still lined up early, and the people who came right at noon got a free pass right in front of everyone that was waiting in line..I was waiting in line frown But it sounds like they stopped doing that...I hope, the guys Im hunting with tomarrow are already in line, hopefully there in the top 50!

seriously why on earth would you show up that early the day before the hunt? From what it looks like to me there is only a 15% success rate across both weekends, so why are people so intent on showing up so early? You would think if they really had that great of a spot there would be more deer killed...The way I see it, we are all going to get to sit for two full days in our deer stands on the best hunting ground in MN...there will be alot of people whether you get your prized spot or not...I just dont understand why it is such an overexaggerated rat race?

Just drove down Motorpool road to drop off a map for a buddy.....DANG there are a lot of guys up here! Looks like everyone is excited for the hunt, but the wind could die down a bit and make it so the fellas don't have to eat so much dust! Good luck to everyone.

Sounds to me like you should put the dang phone down and grab your bow. Don't want to be hearing any sob stories about missing Mr. Big because you were giving us updates. shockedgrinblush

I want a play by play..... Okay, I just heard a twig snap behind me..... now I hear crunching leaves.... NOW a wheezing sounds..... here it comes... here it comes......It's A BIG B..... just a squirrel choking on acorn!!!

Looking forward to updates!!

Sad news. My buddy hit a nice 8 pointer. We tracked him for about 400 yds and lost the blood trail. We went back to get our other hunting buddy. We went back and found the blood again only to lead to a gut pile 200 yds away. He was bummed. No deer seen tonight. Hopefully better luck tomorrow.

saw one decent buck on the back of a guys truck. Not many people showing up to the registration station. However, I speculate that there was a big one there do to all of the flashes going off. I wasnt able to see it.

I had a fork buck zipp in quick cruisin for does. He came in at 12:30 and stood 30yds from me for a straight hour. it was kinda cool...lol he had no clue what he was doing.

Saw 5 deer today. The first was a big buck-its antlers looked like they were pretty thick/webbed together! I was unable to get a shot at it. I ended up tagging a doe later in the day...the poor girl came limping along dragging her rear end on the ground. She had already been hit twice-once on the frone leg and she had an arrow sticking out of her back. I felt bad for her so I put her down. Unfortunatly I did not have a bonus tag, so that ended my season. I waited for a couple hours and nobody came along looking for her. I'm trying to feel good about doing the ethical thing, yet the whole situation kind of has me bummed out. I did see a couple nice deer in the camping area before I packed up and headed out.