• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tresspassers

The sad thing is, for every person who's posted in this thread with their disgust towards trespassers, there's 10 more reading these posts who could care less what the laws are. They'll deal with the confrontations when they arise but in their mind if they don't get caught, more power to them.

To those who have the trail cam pics, turn them in to the authorities. I'd even show the land owners to see if they know who the people are.

I no longer deer hunt in my area due to the increased pressure from many other groups hunting the same land. Not to mention false accusations and community smear campaigns.

I agree with raising the fines for trespassing. Hit them where it affects them the most. They get caught enough times, they'll quit but not in the current system where they get a slap on the back of the hand.

Yellin and sreamin doesnt work, damage to there vehicle is childish ,but will make you feel better ,but you better be sure they dont see ya,were not talking about a one way street here there are 2 parties here, dont mess with em ,call the law if you can get pictures of em and the vehicle it works,believe me the sheriff or game warden will get tired of you callin em and they will make it a point to get em, besides that let em earn there money instead of sittin in the squad messen with the computer we pay for em through taxes and fees its what there for!!!

It is against the law to trespass, a call to the TIP line with the vehicles licenses plate number works very well. A friend of mine's dad had someone that shot a deer while trespassing on his land. He called TIP with the plate number and tracked the plate to a guy in the cities. The trespasser had a surprise waiting for him when he got home. The local CO was notified and was waiting for him.

Never hurts to get the plate number and call TIP.

#TIP or 1-800-652-9093

What did you say to him? did you ask if he had permission or anything about him scaring deer off?

Asked why he was there, said he had permission, which he did to a very small part of the woods, I explained to him that just because the trail went on bordering properties, does mean the whole woods was accessible and did ask him to stay out of the woods he did not have permission for, told him I take the outdoors very seriously and do not like all the work I have been putting in ruined by tresspassers. After quite a long conversation it just did not seem to click with him.

I did tell him if I seen him or others in the woods again, I would be calling the land owner, then the DNR while we "sat together"...

Get photos of them if possible and vehicle license #s and turn in to law enforcement. Confiscate any stands or cameras left on your property by trespassers and turn in also. I posted 40 arce's with large 2'X 2' signs and still had people come in from the neighbor's. When confronting him he got irate, I just told him that any more trespassing would result in law dealing with it. These people only came up for deer season to hunt his land and would walk all over my property and right out the my driveway. Land is all fenced. I had to have game warden deal with it as they just could not learn, don't talk to neighbor anymore. WHATEVER

Part of the problem is absentee landownership, the locals know it, and take advantage of it. They've done it for years and will keep doing it until they're confronted by authorities. Thats the key, turn them into the Sheriff or conservation officers, most trespassers know what they're doing is wrong, but they'll blow your lecture off, but if its someone with a badge, not so easy!!

I wholeheartedly agree BlackJack. One of my friends who doesn't hunt and rarely visits his property discovered a relative he does let hunt there was LEASING the property out to all sorts of hunters he hadn't granted permission to! Needless to say, the gig is up and that person no longer get to hunt there.

Not sure. It's a relative of his and so no action was taken legally other than to specify he cannot be on that property anymore. My mom once charged $3,000 to a credit card she took out in my name. I paid it off, shut it down and notified the credit card company. Then I explained to her how she would never try that again or legal action would be taken and how she was now going to pay me back in installments. Point being is both my mom and my friend's relatives have problems, and both still do. Legal action would have just caused the families pain and we never would have accomplished anything. But both my friend and I have learned our lessons, so we'll never allow something like that to happen again to either of us. Trespassing and/or when a family member goofs you over sucks big time. But you have to evaluate where you'll get with the course of action you take.

This is interesting because I just went for a walk through the woods and saw somebody's stand locked to a tree. I looked at it and the trails through the woods. Oh except I was in a WMA. The guy had even taken the time to cut down a few pesky trees that were in his shooting lane.

I found a stand in the middle of a patch of my woods (in the absolute dead center of my property - so no possible "mistake"). I was fuming mad, wanting to set up trail cameras and catch the SOB. Then I came back with lots of light and figured out that it was left behind by the previous owners and perfectly good to use.